IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

6 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

Haha good point, totally forgot about that!

Correction he scored three goals for Chelsea and cost them £10m

in 28 appearances, and three goals in total, the other two coming against Skonto Riga in a Champions League qualifier,[17][18] and Hull City in the FA Cup.[19] He failed to even make the bench for the club's FA Cup Final win against Aston Villa, and was sold to Scottish Premier League side Celtic for £6 million in the summer of 2000.[20]

He must rank as one of Chelsea's worst signings before the Abramovich money came in. You are right he is a dreadful pundit.

1 minute ago, ChewMagma said:

Because the ball wasn't passed to him and he didn't touch it?

He literally scored the goal from a pass played forwards when he was in an offside position. Apparently being "behind the ball" is what allows it to stand, I missed when the law changed to that.

1 minute ago, CheekyLee said:

He literally scored the goal from a pass played forwards when he was in an offside position. Apparently being "behind the ball" is what allows it to stand, I missed when the law changed to that.

That's been the rule forever.

1 minute ago, Stigweard said:

That's not a penalty. Balls too far gone, Jota clearly sees the keeper coming and goes into him more. I'd be fuming if it was the other way round. 

This is where the officials and rule makers are so shit. Jopta was denied a clear penalty earlier in the season, but given that. It is nothing to do with VAR but how shit everyone in charge is. There are no 'good' refs, just ones who aren't quite as bad as others.

For me, it had to be given as a penalty. Contact in the box when missing the ball completely leaves the referee with no options. We can talk about what should and shouldn't be given, but as soon as the keeper dropped to his knees it's done.

We deserved the win overall, and it's actually nice to watch us see a tricky game out for a change. Alison clearly MOM, and he had to be. Thankfully, after years of keepers who screwed us over in similar situations, we have one of the very best to rely on when needed!

1 minute ago, CheekyLee said:

For me, it had to be given as a penalty. Contact in the box when missing the ball completely leaves the referee with no options. We can talk about what should and shouldn't be given, but as soon as the keeper dropped to his knees it's done.

We deserved the win overall, and it's actually nice to watch us see a tricky game out for a change. Alison clearly MOM, and he had to be. Thankfully, after years of keepers who screwed us over in similar situations, we have one of the very best to rely on when needed!

I pretty much disagree with everything you say there, but I do find it amusing you think the win was deserved, even though you accept the 'keeper was man of the match.

The team completely switched-off after half an hour and were lucky to get any points, let alone all three. There was no control anywhere over the pitch, the defending was, at best, shonky and there was no attacking thrust at all in that second half. It's very much a 'got away with that' performance.