IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

Played alright until the final third, then played like Arsenal.

Still feels like a tie that if we score first we’ll have no dramas. Getting a shot on target will be nice.

28 minutes ago, reef said:

Williams with the first decent ball into the box on 88 mins and every one of our players fully stationary on theirs heels just watching it. 

Yep, we looked more dangerous when he - shock - crossed the ball than anything that went before it.

What a waste of my evening that was though. I think Matip and Allison aside everybody was poor, culminating in Minamino's blaze over the bar. Oh well.

No Minamino or Milner this afternoon. Not sure Oxlade Chamberlain is the answer but hopefully he'll bring a bit more pace and drive to the front three.

It's an attacking, positive, change from Klopp.

Ox often tries too hard, which isn't surprising for a player in his position. Lots of injuries, career not really where it once looked to be heading. Hopefully he calms it down a little, as there is a great player in there, but he may need to be in a lesser squad to actually reach his potential.

Overdue! That's been up for grabs all game, we've been sloppy in not converting any of the many corners before that.

Brentford can't keep on last-ditch tackling and only just getting in the way in time throughout, but we still should be making the keeper do more. The odd long-range shot would give defenders something to think about, and maybe leave us a little bit more space when we do inevitably get it into the box 

Anyone else buzzing for Thursday already? Cold night under floodlights between two sides with a rich history but at different points of progression. Plus there’s plenty of needle going into the game.

Feels set up for a decent night.

Taking Edith to see Liverpool away at Palace on Sunday. Kick off is exactly the same time as the men's team who are also away at Palace. The women play at Bromley though and it is only £16 total for all of us to go. 

Alan Smith has twice said we scored "a goal out of nothing", as if this is something Liverpool never do ... We are THE most likely team in the world to do just that! 

Not too shabby at all, that half. Same again, please?

He’s only behind Salah in terms of our forward line for me. Love Mane and Firmino but Jota is such a wonderful impact player. What a signing he’s turned out to be. Thanks Wolves!

11 hours ago, glb said:

He’s only behind Salah in terms of our forward line for me. Love Mane and Firmino but Jota is such a wonderful impact player. What a signing he’s turned out to be. Thanks Wolves!

Remember when it looked nailed on it would be Timo Werner who has turned out to be the German Chris Sutton.

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

Remember when it looked nailed on it would be Timo Werner who has turned out to be the German Chris Sutton.

Did you ever see Chris Sutton at Blackburn?! He was a top player.

As a pundit though....priiiiiick! 

Just now, Chewylegs said:

Did you ever see Chris Sutton at Blackburn?! He was a top player.

As a pundit though....priiiiiick! 

Yeah but when it comes to in form strikers going to Chelsea and being unable to score he’s my go to reference. One goal in 28 games in his only season with them.

41 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Yeah but when it comes to in form strikers going to Chelsea and being unable to score he’s my go to reference. One goal in 28 games in his only season with them.

Haha good point, totally forgot about that!