IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

6 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I’m still waiting to be deleted but in the meantime I might as well have a moan for old time’s sake. This lot had a 6-3 mad one against City two days ago while we had a day off. It’s near enough our best team out there. It’s not fucking good enough. 

There you go, watch us turn it around now. You’ll miss me when I’m gone and the team have no one to make look stupid anymore. 

🤣

It's got 'one of those games' written all over it. Lacking to say the least.

Dismal performance. Not sure what’s happened to Mane, but his miss summed up a woeful evening against a spirited but ordinary Leicester side.

It’s usually hyperbolic to say a title race is over in December but given how few points Man City drop, will already take something extraordinary for them to not win the league now. ‘Sake.

Been a poor night all around really. Had the penalty gone in, I think we win this comfortably, but instead it's bad points dropped (and our scoring record gone too).

2 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Salah missed a penalty and Mane missed a sitter. Leicester took their one good chance and managed to sort out their defence since City battered them. City’s title to lose now.

It always was, though to be honest I thought Chelsea would've been putting a bit more pressure on them. For us, I thought those early draws with Chelsea and Brentford (and then Brighton) highlighted that we were still quite porous at the back, as well as lacking a bit of edge, whereas City just picked up from where they left off last season.

1 minute ago, Chewylegs said:

I don't see it as title over.  Teams have bad periods in general, it's a long way to go and City can drop some points. Chelsea, Liverpool and City are still in it

A bad period for City is conceding a couple of goals against mid table sides. They’ll win the league by 12-15 points.

In reality they probably should every season. The billion pound fairytale.

1 minute ago, Adrock said:

Very low block and no Thiago ended up confirming exactly what we knew from the last few years. The team can't work through those teams.

You say that but we had a penalty, Salah also had another decent chance and Mane missed a sitter. Any of those go in and you have to think Leicester would struggle to get back into it. This feels very much like points thrown away, rather than lost.

4 minutes ago, glb said:

A bad period for City is conceding a couple of goals against mid table sides. They’ll win the league by 12-15 points.

Imagine how uncompetitive the league would be if Klopp wasn't around. City just spunking billions and storming the league. Fucking typical that they got Pep when we got Klopp. 

2 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Imagine how uncompetitive the league would be if Klopp wasn't around. City just spunking billions and storming the league. Fucking typical that they got Pep when we got Klopp. 

Very true. Would be nice to have a few years of Klopp without Pep at City but looks likely they’ll both leave their posts around the same time.

Looking at the last five years, City’s lowest total for the season is 78 points. Our current PPG puts us on track for 82 and with pretty much no room for error.

13 minutes ago, glb said:

Man City have lost twice this season and six times last season.  You are right, in reality with all their riches they should win it every year but this is football, it doesn't always work like that.

It's not over just yet guys.

Just now, Chewylegs said:

Man City have lost twice this season and six times last season.  You are right, in reality with all their riches they should win it every year but this is football, it doesn't always work like that.

It's not over just yet guys.

I like your optimism. Sorry, I’m being massively pessimistic. Just so frustrated with the shite served up tonight on top of feeling tougher than a badger’s bumhole.

Best hope is Man City do have wobble around the time Europe kicks back in and Pep starts overthinking things again.