Liverpool Football Club Thread

Dreadful drop off second half. However, so many factors contributing to it.

Just get to May, limp into the top four if possible and dust off for next season.

As long as United don’t win it who cares who wins the league. As others have said we just need to stay in the top four and hopefully the new signings work out so Henderson can move back to midfield. 

Almost the entire season will be played without fans in stadiums. At least this one will be an easy one to forget, especially if City do run away with it.

3 minutes ago, glb said:

Almost the entire season will be played without fans in stadiums. At least this one will be an easy one to forget, especially if City do run away with it.

Yep. Just waiting for it to end. We'll bounce back but I honestly can't be angry after the last few years. 

The only thing that will be a pain is agents shopping players around to unsettle them for big paydays 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

The only thing that will be a pain is agents shopping players around to unsettle them for big paydays 

No one has any money. I'm sure Salah and Mane would quite fancy moving to Real Madrid of Barcelona but both of those clubs are broke. 

The table looks bad but the team has been decimated by injuries and Alisson has started doing impressions of Kepa. 

I thought City would win before the game because we're in a rut so whilst the result didn't surprise me, the manner of the performance did. Nobody taking responsibility on the ball, no urgency, no movement, nothing. Yes, Allison had a shocker, but even before he gifted the goals City looked much better and would've won anyway. 

I said last week I think some of the team will leave, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp said he'd gone as far as he can too. 

On the plus side, Premier League Champions. I never thought that would happen in my lifetime, so I remain in good spirits despite this disappointing bizzaro-season. 

1 minute ago, JLM said:

On the plus side, Premier League Champions. I never thought that would happen in my lifetime, so I remain in good spirits despite this disappointing bizzaro-season. 

Same. As said above there are so many factors that it’s not really a season to get too wound-up about. Add in whatever shitshow is going on weekly with the pandemic and this will be a season that will fade from memory pretty sharply.

Man City lost nine league games last season, a massive drop-off from previous years. They didn’t become a bad side. Earlier this season they tweaked a few things and will more than likely run away with the league this year.

I’m fairly certain a few similar tweaks and having 1) actual CBs for the majority of games, 2) supporters in the ground and 3) a far more reasonable playing schedule will see Liverpool putting in a far stronger challenge next season. Like City they haven’t become a bad team, just a very good one having a bad run of form.

It’ll all be fine.

12 minutes ago, glb said:

Same. As said above there are so many factors that it’s not really a season to get too wound-up about. Add in whatever shitshow is going on weekly with the pandemic and this will be a season that will fade from memory pretty sharply.

Man City lost nine league games last season, a massive drop-off from previous years. They didn’t become a bad side. Earlier this season they tweaked a few things and will more than likely run away with the league this year.

I’m fairly certain a few similar tweaks and having 1) actual CBs for the majority of games, 2) supporters in the ground and 3) a far more reasonable playing schedule will see Liverpool putting in a far stronger challenge next season. Like City they haven’t become a bad team, just a very good one having a bad run of form.

It’ll all be fine.

This.

Lots of reasons we are way off the pace this season. But no need to wet the bed yet.

We are still the same team that were immense for the last 3 seasons. 

We will be back. Focus on top 4, run in Champs league and then next season. 

Yeah, after the various draws and defeats since December I've been hurting a bit for an evening and then got over it. But we've generally been so poor for a while now that I don't even really care today and can't get excited about it - we were dreadful, City were really good second half and it was a deserved thrashing. 

Meh. 

35 minutes ago, glb said:

It’ll all be fine.

Exactly my thoughts but said much better 

19 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Exactly my thoughts but said much better 

I simply employ a good ghost writer ;)

”Dave, sling a post up on rllmuk for us mate while I go set fire to an effigy of Pep, and have a rant about football on RAWK”

So many minor issues make up the drop off seen in recent times.

We could do worse than let Kabak and Davies form a partnership, and get Henderson and Fabhino and into midfield to raise the intensity. 

TAA sure misses Henderson's covering ability, and Henderson's pace of pass isn't as effective from the centre back position as it is further up the field. 

I'm sure Fabhino would welcome the chance to get forward a little more too, or at the very least break down opposition counters.

We need to change something as 2nd is up for grabs.

She was in a nursing home and shielding last year. Passed away 19th January, according to The Athletic.

A timely reminder that those in football (and more widely, athletes in general) get held to an odd standard, almost like they’re often expected to be robots devoid of human emotions and feelings. Horrible time for Klopp, underlining that all walks of life and status have been hit by this shit.

Stay safe everyone.

It explains his reactions to the endless dumb questions from reporters of late.

What you say is spot on. 

Look at the way Jesse Lingard was treated as another example for the standard athletes are held to. Hand waving away personal issues because of who they are. We never learn.

Yeah, fair play to Lingard; the feeling of playing and scoring last week won’t repair all the past difficulties he’s faced but he must have felt amazing in the moment.

That's an interesting team, looks like he's going to try and keep things a bit tighter in the midfield area.   The Thiago thing isn't even a question worth asking.  If pundits etc bothered to actually watch Liverpool with him in it, they would see he isn't the one slowing anything down.  It's such an obvious remark from the media because he is thought of as a slow, more tactical player.  Seems like the easiest job in the world to me, talk and write utter nonsense about a sport for a living.

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread