rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Reported on the bbc website too. Triggers release cause in his contract which means that he could be on his way. I'm surprised that the club are spending big on a striker, unless Suarez is going or the rumour that he'll be played on the wing is true. Costa, Aspas and Sturridge for two positions up front? Doesn't look good for Borini...

According to Tor-Kristian Karlsen his best position is wide and deep. I don't know anything about the guy other than the youtube compilations but I don't think the way we set up means anyone has to stay to a rigid position. Obviously Sturridge can be stroppy if not played in the middle but we've got so many options at the top end of the field now.

with him Aspas and Suarez we'll have a very volatile front line... We are certainly not finishing in the top four of the fair play league

Hey now to be fair to Suarez he's never got a red card at LFC. Red cards are for losers, he likes to take it another level :lol:

Has anyone else noticed that at the end of pretty much every Suarez-related article on the BBC they like to remind everyone of the Evra incident. From the latest one:

Suarez, who joined Liverpool from Ajax for £22.7m in January 2011, still has to serve six games of that ban and was also suspended in 2011 after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

Such shit-stirring

Noticed how they had the story on the BBC front page as 'Suarez considers transfer request', only to change it some time later to 'Suarez considers legal action'.

Re: that Costa chap, hmm. Unsure. Made even more unsure by the fact that the highlights video I watched, which always seem to make players look a lot better than they will be, made him out to look extremely average. Not even sure I'd be happy if we were linked to a £10mil move for him to be honest, but am willing and hopeful if he does join that I could end up eating humble pie.

If Suarez takes the club to court to try and get released from the unfair treatment he is getting at the hands of Liverpool FC and the barbaric £100k+ per week contract he signed only 12 months ago...

At the moment i'd really want him to fuck off, just leave because this club is better than him. But I don't want that option to be Arsenal as it will screw the club's chances to get in the top 4. Where are the other suitors? Are there no rich French or Russian teams that want him?

So at the moment its a double edged sward, either keep a player who wants to leave or sell him and strengthen the only club we can realistically challenge for their top 4 status.

Right, let's ignore this transfer bollocks if only for today.

12:45 is Stevie G's testimonial vs Olympiakos. BT Sport are showing it, providing you have a access to it. I don't so I'll have to look for a naughty stream.