Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

He was trying too much to be the saviour and just messing it up. Desperate to make an impression and get more game time in future I guess. Not sure about the sub selection today. Origi just doesn't seem to care anymore. Would rather have had Shaq and/or Minamino come on and try create something. 

Same. I like Oxlaide-Chamberlain but unless he’s going to smash something unlikely in from 25 yards, feel Shaqiri would have offered more guile and patience.

Today’s game was exactly the type for which Thiago was bought. Even in his game and a half he’s shown his vision is a step above anyone else in midfield.

Anyway, hopefully he’ll be fit in January to freshen things up a bit.

7 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Its Marine I feel most sorry for. They sorted their ground out to be Covid safe for up to 500 fans for the Spurs game and now they can't have any. 

Only consolation is they’ll get the TV money, which should see them through the year. Hopefully.

Plus the TV money for the fourth round too.

13 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Its Marine I feel most sorry for. They sorted their ground out to be Covid safe for up to 500 fans for the Spurs game and now they can't have any. 

Marine are tier 3 and can have 15% capacity

edit: maybe not. They're allowed in the NPL, but probably not in the cup. Who even knows anymore!

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Of course Ally McCoist's wife made sandwiches for him at halftime but also made sure he took some for his friend.

I think I might have said this last time he was on but even my Glaswegian Celtic supporting dad and his mate, born in 1933 and steeped in rivalry (despite what they said they hated Rangers), didn’t mind Ally McCoist. He seems okay, has a sense of humour about it and doesn’t take part in all the bigotry bullshit, was pretty much their take. He liked him on QoS.