rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Why do we always get the shit refs!

It was always going to be tough against Shithousery FC but they did they job. Hopefully the rustiness will be gone by the second leg, just need to stop them scoring at Anfield.

I for one am looking forward to Diego Costa rolling around at Anfield. 

Shit night yes, but hopefully it galvanises us for the rest of the season. 

Disjointed performance, not helped by a ref that would probably buy snow in Antarctica.

Really need an early goal in the second leg, the longer it goes on the worse Atletico’s antics will get.

Honestly, I still cant believe that deliberate handball didn't get pulled back OR he didn't get a card for it.

• Empathy 1

The worst thing that could happen tonight was them getting an early goal, they literally love to defend all game!  But it's only half time, and that ref won't be coming to England thank fuck!

Let's destroy them at Anfield. 

Love Robbo’s slightly sinister end to that post-match interview :lol:

“We’ll be there, our fans will be there, it’s up to them to show up”

You could see he wanted to say "we will have the diving, cheating bastards"...but Virgil's presence just kept him under control!

• Upvote 2

Let's forget about that performance. Got a decent period until West Ham on Monday night, hopefully they can do the team a favour by nicking a draw off City tomorrow night.

Either that or Leicester on Saturday evening. Liverpool need to win against West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth to line up a potential Goodison Park Premier League crowning. Man City need to drop 3 points for that to happen.

1 minute ago, Chewylegs said:

You could see he wanted to say "we will have the diving, cheating bastards"...but Virgil's presence just kept him under control!

His eyes went full Glasgow.

Klopp sounded both pretty chill and seething in his interview. Got some digs in on the referee and Simeone. Get the sense the second leg is going to be fireworks.

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Footage of Sadio helping Henderson with his pants :lol:

Team work makes the dream work.

It’s the not getting an away goal that’s dangerous. They can defend and hope to nick one and then we need 3. I know it stating the obvious but losing 2-1 would have been a lot better. 

I’ve never understood why having the second leg at home is seen as an advantage. I’ve always thought knowing exactly what you need when your goals count double is much better. 

41 minutes ago, Pockets said:

It’s the not getting an away goal that’s dangerous. They can defend and hope to nick one and then we need 3. I know it stating the obvious but losing 2-1 would have been a lot better. 

I’ve never understood why having the second leg at home is seen as an advantage. I’ve always thought knowing exactly what you need when your goals count double is much better. 

Look at last years semi 2and leg, it's a psychological thing more than anything else.

• Upvote 1

Athletico are going to park the bus in the second leg. As long as we handle their counter attacks they will struggle to get a second goal. It's just going to be tough breaking them down to score that will be a problem. 

On 19/02/2020 at 07:26, ryodi said:

Athletico are going to park the bus in the second leg. As long as we handle their counter attacks they will struggle to get a second goal. It's just going to be tough breaking them down to score that will be a problem. 

We 100% need to get an early goal so they have to push forward more which will hopefully open themselves up more.

• Upvote 1

He might miss the second leg if it is three weeks. 

Besiktas are sending Karius back as well. Hopefully he gets a move elsewhere quickly because I dread the hostility he will get if he stays.

Will he be eligible to play for us? If we win the league in the next 5 games we should then play Karius for the remaining games so he can get a PL winners medal. :D

21 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Will he be eligible to play for us? If we win the league in the next 5 games we should then play Karius for the remaining games so he can get a PL winners medal. :D

I agree. Then I won't need a Kenwright portrait on my body

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Azrael said:

I don't know actually, if they decided to terminate the contract early because he is still a Liverpool player he would be able to part of the matchday squad. I expect he'll go back to Germany when he does leave, it's sad because he wasn't having a bad season until that point and I haven't seen a goalkeeper's confidence destroyed so effectively since Pirlo Panenka'd Hart. 

Windier than William Dafoe after a tub of beans in Liverpool today; hopefully Trent is recalibrated after a rare off-night in Madrid...

• Upvote 1

Alexander Arnold was off the pace against Norwich too. It's to be expected considering his age but hopefully he can begin to recapture the form we know he is capable of.

Robertson hasn't been at his best either recently and when those two aren't doing what they're capable of it is clearly seen through the performances.

West Ham smashed our women's team. I fear an off night and a 2-1 loss. 

• Upvote 2

Alan Smith reckons Liverpool haven't been able to get "down the sides" of West Ham so far. Considering just about all of their best moments have come from there I'm calling bullshit.