rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

5 minutes ago, p b said:

Ah, and is today one of the few days where everybody hopes for ManU?

A draw with two red cards apiece would be dandy. Dear Santa...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, p b said:

I can't, no matter what. So, my hope is the Derby ends up 5-5, with at least 2 red cards for each team. That's as close as it gets to both teams losing.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, p b said:

Yes but only in the same way I’d hope for a Palace or Burnley to beat City, it would be a lovely bonus but I won’t be holding my breathe, as City are a far better side.

Curtis Jones sounds like the alter ego of a mid-tier superhero.

[trailer voice] By day he is Curtis Jones, by night he is Alpha Warlock.

Love Shaqiri’s impishly devious grin. Like he’s filled your sugar pot with salt but you won’t find out until you make a tea.

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

Fergie grinning as Man U go 2-0 up. Someone should whisper in his ear ‘this would put Liverpool 14 points clear of Man City...’

But only 8 points clear of Leicester after the weekend. 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

But only 8 points clear of Leicester after the weekend. 

City will go on one of their angry revenge runs if they lose this game (and I’m not convinced they will) and will beat Leicester to widen that gap a little. 

I still refuse to believe. But the rest of the league just keep tripping over each other. With the exception of Leicester. Maybe it could be time soon. 

Aye. If we get that monkey off our back and claim a title, we could go onto a period of domination. But we just have to make sure we get that first one. 

This is not just one the best Liverpool teams ever it is arguably the best premier league side ever. I predicted at the beginning of the season that this side could go undefeated (with a bit of luck), and I believe they will. 

Leicester are having a fantastic season so far but are busting their balls off to stay 8 points behind whilst this team win game after game whilst barely ever going out of second gear. Have you not seen this team play? They are playing in a different league to everyone, the linking crossing and passes, the touches, the movement, the ball control and instinctive sight in which everyone seems to just know where the ball is, where their teammates run is. 

It will take a plague of injuries and a massive bottle job to lose it now. I know that the older fans who remember the years since the last title are more apprehensive but I say remember this team and just enjoy every game. This is a once in a generation side and this one is yours; champions of Europe, one of the greatest sides. ever and premier league champions 19/20. There I said it. 

• Upvote 2

While I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment of how good this current team is, it remains too early to think the league is done. We more than most should know the folly of thinking something is done.

Any kind of absence for Van Dijk alone could do enough to unsettle things. Narrow wins become draws, two or three of those in quick succession and an eight point gap becomes much smaller very quickly.

Leicester, while huge underdogs, have the league’s best defence and no European (or Club World Cup) distractions. They’ve also won a league title recently. Winning the European Cup will of course give Liverpool the belief they can get over the line, but there’s also the mounting pressure of expectation: managing that could be one of Klopp’s biggest challenges here on in.

If, and it’s a massive if, Liverpool get a result at Leicester after the waste of time and energy in Qatar, then that’s a big step; how big might also depend on the previous week’s game between Man City and The Foxes.

But in all honesty, if we were 11 points clear with four games to go I’d still not be celebrating anything. Enjoying, absolutely. Admiring, of course. This team is glorious. It’s staggeringly, unerringly good. It is the best Liverpool side in over three decades.

But history suggests any kind of celebrations or confirmations are best saved until a thing is actually won.

• Upvote 1