rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

That goal could easily have stood. Can't say it was coming, but couln't complain that we were behind. We got away with one, there. We've been insipid, lacking in creativity.

I've not seen it, so cannot comment on the actual incident. But again VAR isn't the issue, it is the implementation of it. 

Let the ref use the fucking monitor. 

According to RAWK (I know, I know). It was blatant push and if you give the freekick for the foul on Zaha, then the one of Lovren should also have been a foul. 

Anyone who has seen it confirm?

It was a two handed push in the back of Lovren. Lovren wouldn't have reached the ball by the looks of the replay but it was clearly a foul.

The reaction by some is strange, a foul does not need to directly influence play for it to be a foul.

I am a massive supporter of VAR. But the clowns in charge are blowing it. Seems there has been a fuck up in the Wolves game for an offside too. 

8 minutes ago, bradigor said:

According to RAWK (I know, I know). It was blatant push and if you give the freekick for the foul on Zaha, then the one of Lovren should also have been a foul. 

Anyone who has seen it confirm?

There’s a foul but it’s inconsequential in the goal happening because Lovren is   nowhere near affecting play. So in the context the referee hasn’t made a clear and obvious error. But this week VAR has decided to overrule anyway. It’s the inconsistency because you can’t guarantee the same passage of play would result in the same outcome elsewhere.

Anyway, Mané... yay!

If I was a title rival I’d be fucking livid with us today. It’s peak Fergie Man U jamminess. I’m not gonna get into another VAR argument with people who think there should be no subjectivity in football but the CP goal being ruled out was bullshit IMO. 

1 minute ago, Adrock said:

Soft? You're mad, he clearly pushes him in the back with two hands. If that happens absolutely anywhere on any pitch it's foul.

Which apparently the freekick for Zaha was. I still think it is soft. 

If we say that is a foul, then Sterling should have had a penalty at Anfield too. 

1 minute ago, glb said:

There’s a foul but it’s inconsequential in the goal happening because Lovren is   nowhere near affecting play. So in the context the referee hasn’t made a clear and obvious error. But this week VAR has decided to overrule anyway. It’s the inconsistency because you can’t guarantee the same passage of play would result in the same outcome elsewhere.

Anyway, Mané... yay!

The ref missed it. It was clear and obvious that it was a foul and he missed it. So it was an error on his part.

If it is a foul, then where it is shouldn't matter. Neither should the relation to the play at the time. 

Honestly, I don't like seeing things like that being given as a foul. Players need to be stronger. It is the lack of consistency that fucks it all up.

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

If it is a foul, then where it is shouldn't matter. Neither should the relation to the play at the time. 

Honestly, I don't like seeing things like that being given as a foul. Players need to be stronger. It is the lack of consistency that fucks it all up.

Fouls have been given for exactly that kind of contact for years, I'd say easily the last 20-25 years. As long as I've followed football closely anyway.

7 minutes ago, Adrock said:

The ref missed it. It was clear and obvious that it was a foul and he missed it. So it was an error on his part.

But Lovren was nowhere near affecting play, so the referee hasn’t made an error in the context. In previous weeks VAR has avoided overruling such things, but now it’s being used to do so.

At the very least, referees on the pitch should be allowed to use the pitch side monitor for confirmation. They take enough time anyway, might as well allow the person who is supposed to be in charge get another look. 

Referees have been disallowing goals for similar fouls forever. It was a foul, and at some point players are just going to need to stop putting their hands all over the opposition whenever they're near them. Soft, for sure, and no reds fan would have been clamouring if the ref didn't overturn the goal. But, rules are rules, so that's where we are.

We've been far better in the 2nd half, and I reckon we'll get at least 1 more to make it academic anyway!