rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

6 minutes ago, Takizawa said:

Am I the only one that thinks that was a harsh penalty?

Probably. It’s a foul, like undoubtably. You can‘t kick someone in the back of the legs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Takizawa said:

Yeah I'm not sure what it is. It looks like Aurier is trying to clear and Mane gets his leg in front.

Yes that’s exactly what happened. That is a foul. Aurier is shit.

That was the part of the rollercoaster where you panic because the buckle on your seat feels loose.

Up these battling, dogged, why-you-defending-so-deep-now Reds :wub:

Salah didn't look right all game, decent effort but wasn't very sharp.

Excellent performance despite conceding any early goal.

Alexander-Arnold absolutely dominated the right hand side of the pitch. One of his best performances for a while.

A special mention for Fabinho too, he was brilliant all game. 

Yeah, Fabinho excellent again. Reckon his heart rate rarely goes above 60bpm. He’s so assured he might as well play in slippers.

Your lot Just about deserved the win.....We should have taken a couple of chances and I thought Salah was handled brilliantly rather than not looking fit  but a really good game to watch and Liverpool are so easy on the eye. Oddly not sold on your defence which sounds mad given the stats but going forward breathtaking at times, at least you didn’t park the bus like most teams do at home against us ;) 

I thought spurs were pretty awful. Extremely flukey opening goal that 99 times out of 100 wouldn’t have happened. Once that went in you started time wasting and didn’t seem to have any idea of what you were trying to do. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Your lot Just about deserved the win.....We should have taken a couple of chances and I thought Salah was handled brilliantly rather than not looking fit  but a really good game to watch and Liverpool are so easy on the eye. Oddly not sold on your defence which sounds mad given the stats but going forward breathtaking at times, at least you didn’t park the bus like most teams do at home against us ;) 

In fairness that defence had Lovren in it, a full strength defence is a different prospect entirely.

Before his injury Gomez was immense and I think it's only a matter of time before he reaches the same level again. When he was out Matip's partnership with Van Dijk grew into the best defensive pairing in the league.

Lovren would be 4th choice under normal circumstances.

Tottenham didn't offer much today apart from on the break with Son. He is an absolute gem of a player, he would definitely suit Liverpool's system better than Spurs. Should put an offer in.

12 hours ago, dogsout said:

Trent's range of passing is obscene.

It's extraordinary when watching first hand too. Those diagonal, cross-field balls he hits are such a great weapon for the team.

Ox, Keita and Gomez all to start on Wednesday? Adrian should be back in, guess Brewster and Divock will get a run-out too. Guess Emery will pick a fairly strong side as a reaction to yesterday, but hope only a handful of whatever team we'll play against Villa on the weekend will be near the team sheet.

10 hours ago, glb said:

It's extraordinary when watching first hand too. Those diagonal, cross-field balls he hits are such a great weapon for the team.

His passing yesterday reminded me of Stevie. Just ridiculous. I see he's made the most key passes so far this season (37, with De Bruyne in second on 36).

• Upvote 2

Well, bum.

Hope that means Gomez has a run-out tomorrow to get his match sharpness up and back in contention for starting thereafter.

That's a very strong midfield and that highlights the depth the squad have in the middle now.

Interesting to see the rest, most of whom are youngsters.

Should be a very good game, the 7:30 kick off is a strange one.

I'm surprised Adrian isn't starting, maybe he'll be used in the FA Cup instead. But then with Alisson's injury he's played more games this season then he'd have expected.

Kick off is due to Sky coverage, unsurprisingly. Chelsea Vs Man United is also on too.

Excited to get another look at Elliot and Brewster. Plenty of experience alongside them, which hasn’t always been an option in recent years.