rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

MK Dons away in the League Cup. Happy with that one, should be able to give the likes of Brewster, Shaquiri, etc a good run out and stake a claim. Put a couple of kids on the bench (Elliot for one) and get them some experience if we can.

Decent draw, should be confident of 7 points at home, and 4-6 away. Getting a result in Italy should decide the group.

Of course it never works like that and we’ll need a Milner thunderbastard to rescue a point at home to Genk as we scrape into the last 16. And then go all the way to Istanbul.

Allez allez allez.

I see Istanbul, I post this. Tears every time.

Winning the Premier League would create absolute bedlam, but man alive there is something special about old Big Ears.

We’ve been to PSG and Napoli, Belgrade, Germany...

• Upvote 2

I don't agree. They're chucking it long upfield whenever they get it, which makes it look like they're gaining territory. There's not much threat to them, though. Can't help feeling they'll be knackered by the hour mark.

To be fair, he’s absolute right. Absolutely love seeing our players dissatisfied when winning 3-0. We’ve not had that mentality the season after the handful of title challenges we’ve cobbled together in the last three decades.

Just now, glb said:

To be fair, he’s absolute right. Absolutely love seeing our players dissatisfied when winning 3-0. We’ve not had that mentality the season after the handful of title challenges in the last three decades.

Oh indeed, shows they care. 

Salah needs to get his head up at times though, especially when it cones to Mane, we'd get a ton more goals. 

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Oh indeed, shows they care. 

Salah needs to get his head up at times though, especially when it cones to Mane, we'd get a ton more goals. 

Aye. On both counts. Could have had a couple more today.

Like the dynamic of Mané and Salah bitching at each other with Bobby stepping in to bang their heads together.

Relentless machine going forward at the minute. And a clean sheet. S’alright innit.

• Upvote 1

Feels odd saying after the two seasons Salah has had with us, but if there was friction between them and it had a negative effect, then it isn't Mane I'd be moving on. 

But I think it'll all be ok, let them sort it out between them, take a week long break from each other and come back raring to go.