rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Yeah, I remember falling for him like I hadn't ever fallen for a player before. It was weird and I can't quite describe it properly. Best I can do is compare it to my first crush. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Danny Ings sold. Shame it never worked out for him with us, always liked him and hoped he'd succeed with us. All the best to him. 

£20m for him and a further £5m for Camacho is some good business. Now just need Lovren and Mignolet sold and some new players bought in. 

Doubt we will sell Mignolet or Lovren. Unless van den Berg is going to be 4th CB next season (unlikely).

Don’t think we’ll get any first team players in either, probably just back ups in a couple of areas. 

Coutinho is being linked with a return in Spanish press.

Place for him on the bench I ‘spose.

13 minutes ago, glb said:

Coutinho is being linked with a return in Spanish press.

Place for him on the bench I ‘spose.

Spanish press talk more shit than the English press (and that is fucking saying something). No way in hell Coutinho comes back. 

11 hours ago, glb said:

I laughed when I saw it. More chance of Mbappe signing :rolleyes:

He had that photo taken with Sturridge and then he followed some Liverpool players on Instagram* and stuff and things.... It's Happening!!!

*as well as players from numerous other clubs that aren't Liverpool. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, dizogg said:

Doubt we will sell Mignolet or Lovren. Unless van den Berg is going to be 4th CB next season (unlikely).

Next to VVD, and not as a first choice, Lovren isn't actually too bad. The prospect of a Ming resurrection if Alisson ever gets injured is terrifying though.

10 minutes ago, hmm said:

Next to VVD, and not as a first choice, Lovren isn't actually too bad. The prospect of a Ming resurrection if Alisson ever gets injured is terrifying though.

We're never going to get a back-up keeper at Alisson's level and a keeper getting injured for a significant period is fairly rare. Mignolet isn't the worst, and at least he seems to have a great attitude and behind our current defence maybe would be a bit more secure.

It probably depends if we get any offers, no point in offloading them for free.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

He had that photo taken with Sturridge and then he followed some Liverpool players on Instagram* and stuff and things.... It's Happening!!!

*as well as players from numerous other clubs that aren't Liverpool. 

:)

Im all for the mischief (for a moment, just think about what signing him would be like :wub:)

In reality though for the first time in ever I feel like the club doesn’t need any extravagant signings, just squad deepening. Ox is fit again, Brewster and a few others youngsters are getting promoted. Probably just need a few wily vets to bolster the bench.

Milner’s summer holiday posts mostly consisted of him running around various locations. He’s a model pro :wub:

Young lads having him to look up to at training is a very good thing. Unless he gets them hooked on Ribena and has them out until almost 9pm.

Good to see Gomez looking sharp too. Is the new season starting yet?!

Alberto Moreno has signed for Villarreal. Shame it never worked out fully for him here, but he was a well liked member of the dressing room and leaves a European Cup winner. 

Wish him the best of luck back in Spain. 

• Upvote 1

He was decent going forward but lacking in defensive abilites & now we have Robertson so he was never going to get in before him.

I always liked Moreno. He was like a happy puppy who just happened to be completely unable to fetch or catch a frisbee or toilet train and he shat on the carpet one too many times. 

Liverpool Women fixtures for 2019/20 

Spoiler

September

Reading (H) – Saturday, September 8, 2pm – Prenton Park
Tottenham (A) – Sunday, September 15, 2pm – The Hive
Man United (A) – Saturday, September 28, 12pm – Leigh Sports Village

October

Bristol City (H) – Sunday, October 13, 12pm – Prenton Park
Birmingham (A) – Sunday, October 27, 2pm – Solihull Moors FC

November

Everton (H) – Sunday, November 17, 2pm – Prenton Park
Arsenal (A) – Sunday, November 24, 2pm – Boreham Wood FC

December

Man City (A) – Sunday, December 1, 2pm – Academy Stadium
West Ham (H) – Sunday, December 8, 2pm – Prenton Park
Chelsea (H) – Sunday, December 15, 2pm – Prenton Park

January

Brighton (A) – Sunday, January 5, 2pm – People’s Pension Stadium
Man United (H) – Sunday, January 12, 12pm – Prenton Park
Bristol City (A) – Sunday, January 19, 3pm – Stoke Gifford Stadium

February

Birmingham (H) – Sunday, February 2, 12pm – Prenton Park
Everton (A) – Sunday, February 9, 12.30pm – Walton Hall Park
Arsenal (H) – Thursday, February 13, 7pm – Prenton Park
West Ham (A) – Sunday, February 23, 3pm – Rush Green Stadium

March

Man City (H) – Sunday, March 22, 2pm – Prenton Park
Reading (A) – Sunday, March 29, 2pm – Adams Park

April

Tottenham (H) – Sunday, April 5, 2pm – Prenton Park
Brighton (H) – Sunday, April 26, 12pm – Prenton Park

May

Chelsea (A) – Saturday, May 16, TBC – Kingsmeadow

Is any one down South fancy doing some of the London / Essex based away days?

Moving back to London in the next six months so will gladly go to a couple when time allows.

Members ticket sale for the men is next Thursday. First batch includes games from August - December. Probably slim chance of getting any but will be hitting refresh from 8:14am.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, glb said:

Moving back to London in the next six months so will gladly go to a couple when time allows.

Members ticket sale for the men is next Thursday. First batch includes games from August - December. Probably slim chance of getting any but will be hitting refresh from 8:14am.

Yes!

Got to work out what game to take the kiddies to this season. The November birthday games are out as tickets will be high impossible to get. 

November’s best bet might be a European night.

Think this season will be the hardest to

get a ticket for a long time. Away days nigh on impossible; home games will just keep an eye on the usual twitter resellers.

17 minutes ago, glb said:

November’s best bet might be a European night.

Think this season will be the hardest to

get a ticket for a long time. Away days nigh on impossible; home games will just keep an eye on the usual twitter resellers.

Yeah, not holding out much hope, but you never know. RAWK is always an option for tickets, Lo is till a member there. 

• Empathy 1