rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

We go again next season, this cannot be a one off. Keita, Fabinho and Alisson will have a season together. The Ox will be fit again and maybe some additional reinforcements as well. City are going to blow a load of money on some players as well to try and win the Champions League but winning the league is what Pep does. Next season isn't going to be any easier.

Whilst its devastating to play so well, get 97 points with only 1 loss we can all be proud as fuck with this team. We pushed City to the last day we didn't really put a foot wrong. No one else has even touched City the last 2 seasons but us. Next year we have to beat City, and not rely on others to do it for us. 

Still, we have the CL final to come so hopefully we can still end the season on a high because these lads deserve it.

• Upvote 3

Is what it is. We haven't lost a title today. City have won it. This will always be the hardest one they'll ever win. 

City showing the world just what pluck, grit, determination, a billionaire oil state, and wilful violation of financial fair play can do for you. We should not be unhappy about 2nd place to this lot, because they are ridiculous. Instead, look at how far ahead of everyone else we are. That isn't a gap, it's an entire league ahead, and we'll get them soon enough.

You'll bump into laughing Man U fans. Remind them that we could have given them a 20-point headstart and would still have finished out of their reach. And that they're currently at the Souness stage, and are a minimum of 10 years away from being relevant again.

I'm proud of this team, and we've still got another big day to come!

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Well played, as much as it hurts this side have been fantastic to watch for a non fan so must have been incredible for you lot - I get the feeling you won’t leave this season with nothing to show for it as much as that pains me.

Just think, all these other mugs literally have nothing to play for now ehh!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Well played, as much as it hurts this side have been fantastic to watch for a non fan so must have been incredible for you lot - I get the feeling you won’t leave this season with nothing to show for it as much as that pains me.

Just think, all these other mugs literally have nothing to play for now ehh!

It's funny to think that so many fans are happy that Liverpool 'failed' rather than looking at how poor their own teams have been. 

Could be worse, we could have been relegated to League Two, but I suppose that's where the proper football is :P 

Looking forward to June 1st in Madrid, should be one hell of a special occasion! You guys have nothing to lose there, which will make you so dangerous. 

10 minutes ago, bradigor said:

It's funny to think that so many fans are happy that Liverpool 'failed' rather than looking at how poor their own teams have been. 

Could be worse, we could have been relegated to League Two, but I suppose that's where the proper football is :P 

Looking forward to June 1st in Madrid, should be one hell of a special occasion! You guys have nothing to lose there, which will make you so dangerous. 

You only have to look at the United fans giving me the tear reaction because were also happy to be in the CL like we shouldn't be happy about it because we lost the league. Better than nothing isnt it. Should concentrate on their own shitshow and Ole driving them off a cliff. 

So that defeat to Man City earlier in the season stopped us being Champions, Invincibles and Centurians. Well, those draws all helped stop us too.... 

It's a bit gutting but to quote Frightened Rabbit; I'll save suicide for another day*

*June 1st when Spurs lift the CL Trophy 

City won on head to head, you can't argue with that. Klopp went for the win at the Etihad and we ended up paying for it when Sane got the winning goal. We also played United before they went completely to shit under Ole. You could argue that while we've massively improved this season City have regressed because their points tally has dropped.

The third highest points total in the history of English football (top flight) with only City of last season and this doing better. Yet people are talking about where Liverpool threw away the league :lol: 

We did have a wobble after Xmas that cost us. Whatever the total and historic records, that’s the truth. 

In my opinion we made up for it by beating Tottenham and Chelsea later on which were potential point droppers too so swings and roundabouts really. 

I didn't expect us to win the league or to be within a point on the last day of the season. I didn’t expect us to be in the CL final either and that’s the one competition I’m always really optimistic about. 

It would have been amazing to win the title but that still seems like something unrealistic that I can’t see happening (again) in my lifetime. I know we only missed out by a point so that seems crazy but I just mean I can’t imagine it. I can’t picture it in my head. Logic would suggest we have a great chance in the next year or two, but I’ll never expect to see it. I just can’t. 

Even winning the CL again this year seems crazy really, the league run and ultimate disappointment makes it seem like less of a big deal but it’s huge. 

To be honest, I think I was satisfied with the season after the Barcelona win. Anything now is a bonus. 

We ran them close, so very close. The fact we drew 7 games is quite the downer... The one against West Ham is the one I remember. But, ya know what? Detective Pikachu was great.

• Upvote 1

Ah, fuck it. At then end of the day, it's been a fantastic season, and we'd all have taken it had we been asked in August. Might even get better in a few weeks.

We'll be back next year!

I hope I'm wrong but i think doing so well and not winning might have a negative effect on the club and players next season. Can't see us challenging like this again. Of course if we win the CL that'll be a massive win and boost. 

If we manage to win the European cup it will be an amazing season. Be back in August even stronger. 

Unlike the last times we came close this feels different. We’ve got a great squad and the best coach in the world managing them. This is just the beginning of something special.

I think the problem, if there is one, is that we need just a little more quality depth but we’re built entirely on having a tight knit ‘family’ squad whose relatively small size is part of what makes it work. 

Getting about 4 or 5 more quality players in would be great, but they need to fit too. 

Manchester City have had to be some team this year to beat THIS Liverpool team.  This team that in 35 years of supporting them is the best I've ever seen.

We've got our second Champs league final in 2 years to look forward to, something Man City's billions haven't got them too.  It's all good, I've loved this season.

Just think it’s only 4 years since we got spanked 6-1 by Stoke on the last day of the season. I really hope we win the CL now, I’d hate Klopp to lose three European finals in a row and we need some silverware from this season.

Ultimately the longer it continues to be that you haven't won the league the more satisfying it will be when you do. Looking at the fixtures at the time i said it might come down to needing to win the Everton game and i still think that. Like Rodgers thought a draw vs Chelsea might not be enough, Klopp thought a draw vs Everton would be. Liverpool should never have allowed the title to be in City's hands. 

I think Guardiola will stay another two years, unless he wins the Champions League next season. 5 years would be his longest stint anywhere, he'll have turned 50 by the end of the 2020/2021 season. But maybe he'll stay even longer, feel more settled and at ease than crushing under the pressure of his own demands. 

Got to imagine it will take 90+ points again to win it. Got to wish that City, having finally defended a title, their hunger will wain noticeably. Just enough for two more draws where there could be wins. This season for City was about establishing that domination, to win 3 in a row will require even more from them. 

You'll have presumably a better Keita next season, a fit Oxlade*, Madrid will nab Hazard and after Barcelona splurging on Coutinho they're not likely to return for another player. Gomez is probably the most outstanding English centreback to emerge since Ferdinand, more pace than Stones, just as comfortable on the ball. Best two young full backs in Europe. I think you've been linked to the striker Werner who seems very good too. 

*Sort of waiting for him to fall over and be out for 9 months again though.

It's been a great League campaign. Taking a team like Man City right down to the last game is an amazing achievement, let alone to do it with the points total we achieved.

For me (Clive), it comes down to our head-to-heads. They got 4 points out of them, we got 1. We actually did better than them against all the other teams in the league.

I'm confident this isn't a one-off season. A few key improvements to the squad, the return of the AOC and, hopefully, #6 in our trophy room will see us in great stead for next season.

Love this team and you guys.

:wub:

• Upvote 3

I’m enjoying these way too much.

I particularly enjoyed the exasperated “por favor” at 6:40 and then whatever his mini outburst was at 9:20 that led to mum sharing a wry smile with dad.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

Lol! I think I now know the Spanish for "shit" "son of a bitch" and "I'm going to fist them"

Ahh that must be what he says at the end, thanks for the translation :D