rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Just now, bradigor said:

There is one at each ground. 

Stupid me for thinking that there was a single trophy - we can all be champions!

1 minute ago, CheekyLee said:

There's a replica at Anfield. The actual one is at Brighton. Apparently there are 40 medals at each ground, too.

Are the medals inscribed with the players' names?

1 minute ago, curium said:

Are the medals inscribed with the players' names?

TAA’s is like Flavor Flav’s clock. 

• Upvote 1

Good goal, nice shot by Robertson. We need to score that 2nd goal to settle the nerves.

Hoping Brighton can pull another goal back but City seem in their groove.

As long as it is one goal in either game, it is going to get nervous as fuck. Thus I expect City to score 2 or 3 quickly in the second half. 

I've been watching the City game, as well as the Liverpool match.

City have been camped in the Brighton half, they'll score another 2 or 3.

City 3-1 up now. Pep claiming they are the underdogs later is going to be really fucking annoying. Hopefully we can show the Champions League trophy in his face at the start of June.

Ah well. That brief moment of hope was fun. What a league campaign it has been though. Well done City. 

We can relax now and just try to win the game. We’ve got the CL final. We might win it a sixth time versus City’s....

Thank fuck we had that Barca win and the CL final cause this week could have been one of the worst for supporting Liverpool.

City will be delighted but will anyone else give a shit? If we’d won it, those that don’t hate us would have at least been interested. City winning is just a bit meh for everyone but them. 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

City will be delighted but will anyone else give a shit? If we’d won it, those that don’t hate us would have at least been interested. City winning is just a bit meh for everyone but them. 

As a neutral, it's interesting to see the remarkable or the beginning of a dynasty.  Given the margin by which City won it last year, the number of goals they've scored this year and the distribution of these goals amongst the team, it's really quite something.

4 minutes ago, Pockets said:

It seems Man U fans are delighted.

I would hasten to add, it's taken something remarkable to stop Liverpool's charge this year.

If Liverpool and City go toe to toe again next season.... then fucking hell. 

4 minutes ago, Bucky said:

As a neutral, it's interesting to see the remarkable or the beginning of a dynasty.  Given the margin by which City won it last year, the number of goals they've scored this year and the distribution of these goals amongst the team, it's really quite something.

I suppose but I don’t see why anyone would really want them to win it. I can understand Man Utd or Everton fans preferring them but I’d always cheer the underdog in that situation. 

When they won it in 2012 I was cheering them on because the alternative was Man Utd but in 2016 I was cheering Leicester all the way. I had no interest at all in the ‘forming of a dynasty’ at Man City. 

I’m not saying anyone should want Liverpool to win if they’re not a fan, but I don’t get the appeal of watching City winning it again. 

Just now, bradigor said:

If Liverpool and City go toe to toe again next season.... then fucking hell. 

If the gap to the rest is the same as this year, then you would be talking about the ‘Top 2’ and it’ll be much like a lot of other European leagues.  

3 minutes ago, Commander Jameson said:

It seems Man U fans are delighted.

I guess that’s his point, Man U fans care about Liverpool not winning, not celebrating what City achieved.  Same with  the 13/14 season, people remember that for Gerrard’s slip more than anything.

That first win over United with the last minute goal was a truly great moment but City haven’t managed to manufacture a proper sporting narrative, even with their Amazon series.

Having said all that stuff about feelings regarding other teams, I must say Man Utd are easing the pain today.

We go again next season, this cannot be a one off. Keita, Fabinho and Alisson will have a season together. The Ox will be fit again and maybe some additional reinforcements as well. City are going to blow a load of money on some players as well to try and win the Champions League but winning the league is what Pep does. Next season isn't going to be any easier.

Whilst its devastating to play so well, get 97 points with only 1 loss we can all be proud as fuck with this team. We pushed City to the last day we didn't really put a foot wrong. No one else has even touched City the last 2 seasons but us. Next year we have to beat City, and not rely on others to do it for us. 

Still, we have the CL final to come so hopefully we can still end the season on a high because these lads deserve it.

• Upvote 3