rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

39 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Anyone wondering about the red card check after Gini's first goal it was ter Stegen trying to get him sent off.

https://streamable.com/7yqm0

From this video

Yeah I saw that earlier, horrible play. Pretending Wijnaldum hit him in the face.

Love reading/watching everything about this. Any links to spanish reactions? I'd like to enjoy some of the pain we inflicted.

If Liverpool want to add more strength to defence hopefully they can persuade De Ligt to reject Barcelona and Man Utd and come to play alongside VVD instead.

5 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

The grass isn't always greener now, is it.

But my goodness that's been a cracking piece of business, £200 mill for the pair isn't it?

Suarez definitely wasn’t a good bit of business, we seemed to sold him a bit cheaper than we could due to the World Cup biting incident. Had no plan B after Sanchez went Arsenal and blew it all on mostly dud players before buying Balotelli as hit and hope transfer believing that there was any chance he could adequately replace one of the best players to ever wear the shirt. 

The Coutinho sale and reinvestment shows how far we’ve come off the field with our scouting and transfers as well as on it. Probably the best bit of business this club has ever performed. 

36 minutes ago, Meat said:

Love reading/watching everything about this. Any links to spanish reactions? I'd like to enjoy some of the pain we inflicted.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/08/press-reaction-barcelona-defeat-liverpool-anfield-semi-champions-league

i was kind of hoping for some hot takes about the corner trick being cheating, but haven’t seen any yet. 

• Upvote 1

I think Ajax would have been the tougher opponent but even though it would hurt I’d get over if we had ended up losing to them. Losing to Spurs in THE final?!?! I don’t think I’d recover :lol:

So then.. Spurs in the final. 

I honestly don't know what to think. It is a 50/50 game as they have pushed us close on both encounters this season. I do wonder if last season's experience will push us over the line. Or will we buckle. 

I could have enjoyed a final against Ajax to a degree. This will be horrible to watch. But also amazing. 

It's going to be very edgy. Liverpool will be favourites and I think making the final last year is good experience. I also think we're not as prone to breakdowns this season as happened int he second leg against Roma and hopefully Salah is fit and able to play the entire game. I'm going for a nervy 2-1 win, I'd hate to lose to English opposition in the final. 

As you are all saying, I'd rather have Ajax.

Mainly down to the 'derby' type atmosphere playing Spurs will create. It will be more tense, less attractive, Kane will be back etc etc.  

I have to say though, both teams have fought their way to the final and neither really deserve to lose it.

Divock off the bench to score the winner and confirm his legendary status with the club.

I've had an email from Zavvi saying I've won an all expenses paid trip to the final. My sister works for them so I asked her if it was legit - they've sent the same email to 5,000 customers by mistake.

Had the same email? Sorry to burst your bubble, you're not going.

• Empathy 1

42 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I've had an email from Zavvi saying I've won an all expenses paid trip to the final. My sister works for them so I asked her if it was legit - they've sent the same email to 5,000 customers by mistake.

My colleague just came bounding over and shaking with excitement because they’d had the email.

What a fuck up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keiths_Dad said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48215665

Bloody hell. :lol: Suppose it gives people a little insight into how Man City would have felt v Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

The in house tv crew must have missed the fourth goal because it’s the only one they use the broadcast footage for.

• Upvote 1