rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

They showed Kenny singing it in the stands and it set me off again. It reminded me of my late grandpa and how he'd go misty-eyed recounting the tales of Dalglish's playing days. As a scouser with a grandson born outside the city, he took the responsibility of indoctrinating me into supporting the correct football club seriously and I am grateful for that. He then spent much of my football-watching life expressing his disappointment at the modern Liverpool's failure to reach those heights. I'm glad we got to see another European cup win in 2005 but he passed away last year and I'm gutted he didn't get to see this season we've had.

Glad it's only the dog witnessing the state I've been in this evening!

• Upvote 7
  • Empathy 2

Will they be showing the final ar Anfield on the big screens again? Need to go down again if they are and hope it ends better than last time. 

As a football fan, you might, if you’re lucky, see one comeback like that in your lifetime. The kind of experience that takes you from the deepest pit of despair to unbelievable heights of joy. Like the best movies except it’s not scripted, there’s no writer trying to perfect the story arc, it just shouldn’t have happened, that’s what makes it quite unlike anything else.

And we’ve been given two. Incredible.

After those last 15 minutes were over, I was just sat in disbelief with tears in my eyes at the final whistle and the singing at the end. What a team. What a manager.

• Upvote 4

Spurs fan here - amazing game. Congratulations to Liverpool. Don’t know if Spurs have the legs left to join you in Madrid but it’ll be an interesting game whoever you play.

• Upvote 3

Against Barcelona, that's four times as many goals as Man United scored at home in all the Champions League campaign this season.

Their solitary goal was an injury time winner by Fellaini, against Young Boys.

6 hours ago, bum said:

Against Barcelona, that's four times as many goals as Man United scored at home in all the Champions League campaign this season.

Their solitary goal was an injury time winner by Fellaini, against Young Boys.

Despite having one of the best results in recent memory, people still really care about pointing out useless facts about Manchester United. We're basically a mid table side now, enjoy the highs of being a top team and stop comparing yourselves to a team in decline. City fans do the same every week on Facebook.

Excellent result last night lads, it goes to show how well you guys are playing because I wasn't really surprised when I saw the result this morning.

5 minutes ago, sith said:

Despite having one of the best results in recent memory, people still really care about pointing out useless facts about Manchester United. We're basically a mid table side now, enjoy the highs of being a top team and stop comparing yourselves to a team in decline. City fans do the same every week on Facebook.

Excellent result last night lads, it goes to show how well you guys are playing because I wasn't really surprised when I saw the result this morning.

With West Brom being shit, and our local rivals flying high, the only pleasure in football for the foreseeable future for me is moaning United fans.

You seem reasonable, but many of them aren't.

Two things...

1. Someone in the other thread called it the 'most dreary song ever written' or something - :lol: 

2. Fair play to the Barcelona fans last night, they did themselves proud and joined in with us in singing 

• Upvote 3

Messi goes to other grounds across Europe and I think the teams and fans are just in awe of him. They welcome him like a God... perhaps rightly so. However, he came to Anfield and we didn't give a fuck about him and got in his head. He looked bang average for those 90 minutes. 

Barcelona froze, Messi froze. 

Even the chances he did get, he looked lost and lacked conviction.

Maybe it was because the real God was looking down from the BT Sports studio. ;) 

• Upvote 4

Email from my brother:

Presumably Salah's back in the treatment room this morning telling the docs that his concussion seems to be causing mad hallucinations that Liverpool won 4-0 and Origi scored twice.

We should take him back on a cut-price deal, he can do a press conference saying he wanted to go to Barcelona because it was a dream move but not all dreams come true & he wants to come back home to Anfield.