Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

Seeing as it's behind the scenes we won't know what he is doing but I think on the pitch you can see he is an incessant talker.

I think it's all too dramatic in here at the moment. It's a stumble, every team has them, the problem for Liverpool is Man City are clearly the best team and best squad in the league.

Being 3 points clear with the same games played is testament to how well they have done so far this season. It would not be a shock for City to overturn that in the next 13 games though, not because Liverpool have bottled it but because City are simply better, especially over a season.

It's currently played 25, won 19, drawn 5 and lost 1. That's record breaking form for the club.

Let's have a bit of perspective 

I think my concern is - we cannot compete with the strength in depth. Yeah a lot of it due to them cheating.

It still amazes me that people don't want Liverpool to win the premier league because they're Liverpool. Who've never won it.

Rather they'd prefer one of the same old clubs to win it again. That's not good for the game at all, it's hugely blinkered.

3 hours ago, Dinobot said:

Perhaps you did not understand the deeper sentiment here. Easy for some to miss I suspect.

As a club captain. Is he inspirational enough? What is he doing behind the scenes?

Regardless that was a question, just to open up the debate and "Single him out as a weakness is blah blah" is pretty weird. Again, perhaps you weren't understanding that it was a question rather than a statement.

The only real evidence we have of what any of the team does is out on the pitch, so I've no idea what he does behind the scenes. The captain's role is to lead out on the pitch though - I couldn't care less if he gives inspirational speeches, or takes the boys go-karting or whatever, we have a manager for that. For me, all he needs to do off the pitch is be a professional role model for the younger players and not batter any DJs.

I get that you were asking a question - but really, does the question get asked without any sentiment behind it? Regardless, what I was saying wasn't directed solely at you, and you have sparked a discussion, but Henderson's role in the team does get questioned a lot (particularly in here), which I find odd seeing as I rate him as one of our most important players.

In other news, I read earlier that Oxlade-Chamberlain won't be back until April. Personally, I'd forgotten all about him, which is testament to how well we've done this season so far, but it'd be great to have him back sooner because he was fantastic last year.

4 minutes ago, Dinobot said:

I think my concern is - we cannot compete with the strength in depth. Yeah a lot of it due to them cheating.

It still amazes me that people don't want Liverpool to win the premier league because they're Liverpool. Who've never won it.

Rather they'd prefer one of the same old clubs to win it again. That's not good for the game at all, it's hugely blinkered.

Sorry to quote you twice in succession, but you posted this as I was replying. 

I get why people don't want us to win it, a lot of people (particularly here) grew up in a sustained period of Liverpool success, and whereas United were very much the glory hunter's team of choice in the 90s, in the 70s and 80s schoolboys up and down the land were pledging allegiance to Liverpool, despite having no ties to the club or the city.

It doesn't really bother me though - it just means that we're relevant enough to hate right now, and it'll make it even sweeter if we do win it. Personally, I'd rather have anyone except the PR wing of a corrupt middle Eastern state winning it (even, God forbid, Manchester United), but a lot of people don't see it that way - they just see a club that has spent much of it's recent history bouncing up and down the divisions finally doing well for itself.

What matters next is getting not only 3 points against Bournmouth, but also putting in a performance to match too. As a win where we stumble over the line will keep the pressure mounted on and asking questions about the nerves. 

Interestingly enough, I think City having the Everton game now and going top will have the right affect on us, as I think we are going to be better chasing and putting pressure on, rather than reacting to the pressure being put on. 

I was very pessimistic over the past couple of weeks (personal life affecting that) but the performances have dropped off, but if we are having a blip (or even a disaster) with 2 draws in a row, then it shows how far we've come in the last few years. 

Onwards, upwards and time to enjoy the rest of the season.

Fantastic read that. 

Its ok to be disappointed at a result but some of the abuse thrown around over such things is disgusting.

As is the abuse aimed at other clubs and fans. 

We we just need to enjoy the ride, because it is a welcome break from the shit that is gathering around us, throughout the rest of our miserable lives.

Expecting a team that is still a bit patched up with TAA not coming back until Bayern (as a starter) but should be enough to beat Bournmouth in the starting XI. 

I also expect Bobby to start finding some form and join Mane in scoring. Pivotal weekend for sure toom with quite the gap until our next league game and time for some bodies to get better. 

I bloody love Klopp. 

I've been a bit down on all this and hearing him say "This should be exciting!". He's right.

Look where we've been! Look where we are! I hope the message gets through to the fans in the stadium and they push the team forward.

What's not to like about this right now? 

Let's enjoy the ride!!

5 minutes ago, Adrock said:

That was a wonderful finish. Seen a replay of Mane's, still not conclusive so I'll wait until it's analysed later.

Why wait. Just go on Twitter and every non LFC fan will let you know :lol:

Ginis goal was lovely, such a great finish. Its telling so much already how much we've missed him in midfield.

I was saying to my brother earlier, the biggest difference is the speed of the play. Wijnaldum is excellent playing at pace and can play with continuity at speed whereas Keita and Fabinho aren't capable of that, they like a touch and that isn't conducive to breaking teams down who implement a low block with 10 players.