rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

9 hours ago, Commander Jameson said:

ocRsY8T.gif

:wub:

:lol: what happened to that guy who ended up by the penalty spot. Its like he just decided to fall over cos he knew he couldn't get there in time. 

Harry Wilson scored his 10th of the season for Derby today. I hope we let him stay with Frank Lampard for the rest of the season, as I think his progress there will be better than coming back to us now. 

Really looking forward to tonight as in all honesty the pressure is off. Win and we send a message and open up a HUGE gap, draw and we maintain a solid gap and even if we lose, it isn't a disaster. 

The build up has been funny with both camps just praising the other in a round of mind games that feels different to the days when Ferguson was in charge of United and it all got nasty at times. 

I'd take the most boring of 0-0 games tonight. 

I'm thinking 2-2 tonight, Salah and Mane to score.  You are right though, the pressure is off but just imagine a 10 point gap from City with the fixtures we have coming up, that would be lovely! I think it's too much to ask for City to lose again at home so soon though.

14 hours ago, Commander Jameson said:

More of this, Robbo, please.

Rumours are he's missing the game cause his pregnant gf has been rushed to hospital.

He could probably run between the stadium and the hospital during throw-ins to check in and be back before they’re taken, especially if we’ve got Trent on them. No problem. 

• Upvote 1

Would obviously love a win tonight. Would happily take a draw. Expecting a loss. If that does happen i just hope we can bounce back from it. 

That’s a cautious line up. Would have preferred Keita (or anyone) over Henderson but these are the games he’s useful in as a worker destroying things. He could be good tonight and needs to be to prove he’s still got a place, this is what he’s for. 

I do think that if we get at them early, maybe go one up, we could win it. This City team seem psychologically weaker than people make out when they go behind or feel pressure. They just so rarely do and it doesn’t look like we’re planning to apply too much. Hopefully we will though, still got those three up front. 

Tonight the counter press is going to be crucial, it's timing and implementation. Henderson has proven time and time again he can do that.

He'll also run himself into the ground and against the City midfield that is important.

He is exactly the kind of player needed for tonight.

14 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Tonight the counter press is going to be crucial, it's timing and implementation. Henderson has proven time and time again he can do that.

He'll also run himself into the ground and against the City midfield that is important.

He is exactly the kind of player needed for tonight.

Yep, it’s set up for him to be a potential man of the match tonight if the game goes that way. My reservations about him are that we’re so rarely in those situations now and it’s usually best to avoid them by being more attacking. 

He’s an ideal player for an underdog and it appears that’s the role we’re playing tonight. Makes sense, but would have preferred a more balls out approach. 

I think this is going to be the straw that brushes the camels buttocks.

Rather, it's the law of averages. We keep hoofing them (apart from the stupid Mane sending off game) so there's going to be a time where by we lose.

I reckon Man City will play filthy tonight and there's going to be some kind of controversy. Still it may be one of our mistakes that see our undoing.

With all that considered I predict 8-0, to the home side of course 

Let's just say this. We are still top!

40 minutes ago, Pockets said:

That’s a cautious line up. Would have preferred Keita (or anyone) over Henderson but these are the games he’s useful in as a worker destroying things. He could be good tonight and needs to be to prove he’s still got a place, this is what he’s for. 

I do think that if we get at them early, maybe go one up, we could win it. This City team seem psychologically weaker than people make out when they go behind or feel pressure. They just so rarely do and it doesn’t look like we’re planning to apply too much. Hopefully we will though, still got those three up front. 

I thought Henderson's been decent the last few games he's played. Wouldn't have agreed last season.

7 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Man City’s back 4 looks shit. Reckon they’ve never even played together. 

Ha I was thinking that. Laporte been a CB all season and suddenly playing LB tonight. Odd .

Pep seems to have really gone off Kyle Walker too - guy has been benched quite often of late.

Would love Liverpool to win this :wub:

• Upvote 1

Fernandinho already with two challenges that might be yellows towards the end of the game.

We can see how important he is.