rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

I said yesterday that 2 points from the next 2 games would be good enough. Right now I feel we should have done more today, but that was an excellent game!

P7 W6 D1 F15 A3

Keep it up!

2 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I'll take that. Chelsea were the better side overall but a good point against the best side we've faced so far this season.

Were they though? I don't think they were at all. We just didn't take our chances.

5 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Chelsea were the better side overall

They definitely weren't. 2 goal-line clearances, and 1 Shaqiri missed sitter says we should have won that.

Sturridge has been excellent so far this season, it's like the last 4 years never happened. I'm hoping we start rotating the forwards, Sturridge and Shaqiri are good enough to be starting, particularly with none of Mane, Firmino or Salah playing anything like their best. 

Sturridge can't be a regular starter for the club, he can't take the pressure physically.

He is perfect for the role he has been given. He might well get a start against weaker teams but he won't be starting against City next week.

It was one hell of a strike. Power, swerve, accuracy. Not a hint of luck about that.

I felt Allison was not quite set for Hazard's shot - on another day he saves that.

Hey, unbeaten - happy to take a draw at Chelsea. What we now have to be concerned about is any confidence issues because we've lost and drawn the last two.

They're definitely outplaying us, but I don't know if this is normal Napoli or Cup Final Napoli. Hopefully the latter, and they run out of steam because this is as shabby as I've seen us in a very long time.

Keita looked like a lower back injury, that's what he was holding when he went down. He was horrendous for the 15 minutes he was on the pitch so he may have had the injury before the match.

The team can't seem to work out how to break the deep lying defence, the midfield are also getting back as soon as Liverpool get the ball to flood the middle of the pitch.

I reckon Napoli will nick a goal and it'll finish 1-0.

• Upvote 1