rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

I see the Roma President is crying over the result and demanding VAR:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43983600

Funny he doesn't mention the two penalties they were gifted over the games that definitely weren't penalties. Or mention the times we could have been award one but weren't. 

"I know it is difficult to ref but it is really embarrassing that we lose on aggregate like that,"

You're embarrassing mate, jog on. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Azrael said:

See how they had the game playing on screens at Anfield tonight, will that be the same for the final and if so how would one attend, I'm assuming it'd not be very likely but would love to watch it surrounded by other fans. 

They listed Roma away on this page: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/lfcevents

Assuming they will do the same for the final, and maybe increase tickets. Was £10 for adults, £5 for kids, so reckon they could fill most of the ground at those prices, just need four screens. In Liverpool for the weekend, will try for tickets otherwise sure there will be screenings in the town centre.

All still a bit surreal. Bloody hell Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SMD said:

So who's going to Kiev?

Had a look at FlyDubai out of curiosity, nearly 4,000AED / £750 for weekend flights (flight back on Sunday already sold out) Not looked at hotels.

More than content to be in Liverpool. Costing less to fly to London and drive up, plus just got Stones tickets on the Friday night. Add UFC Liverpool on Sunday and has the potential to be an above average weekend!

• Upvote 1

Liverpool will be boss on the 26th, was mad last night tbh . Typically i'm away on holiday for the final. If you want any advice on where to go give me a shout 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, glb said:

Had a look at FlyDubai out of curiosity, nearly 4,000AED / £750 for weekend flights (flight back on Sunday already sold out) Not looked at hotels.

More than content to be in Liverpool. Costing less to fly to London and drive up, plus just got Stones tickets on the Friday night. Add UFC Liverpool on Sunday and has the potential to be an above average weekend!

Dude they're miles cheaper on skyscanner. Hotels are the problem, I haven't found any less than AED10k. I haven't got a ticket so I'd be chancing my luck, I think for a return airfare it's worth the risk.

I'm on the other side of the world, having moved to New Zealand a couple of months ago. Thankfully, the streaming service here puts anything at home to shame - BeIn Connect streams every league game live for about £10 a month, and Champions League games show just after they finish. Slightly surreal watching big European games at 10 in the morning with your breakfast, but I've still been buzzing all day. Can't wait for the final now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SMD said:

Dude they're miles cheaper on skyscanner. Hotels are the problem, I haven't found any less than AED10k. I haven't got a ticket so I'd be chancing my luck, I think for a return airfare it's worth the risk.

Fair enough, yeah went direct to FlyDubai's website. Jaysus though, 10k for a hotel! Anything on AirBnB or similar? If you can get a flight in and out I'd chance it; 70,000 stadium so will be a few spares knocking around if you're prepared to travel and pay the ticket cost.

20 minutes ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Liverpool will be boss on the 26th, was mad last night tbh . Typically i'm away on holiday for the final. If you want any advice on where to go give me a shout 

Sound! Did you watch in the city centre? We're staying near Albert Dock, so pretty central. Buzzing to be in the city, been far too long since I was last there.

2 minutes ago, glb said:

Fair enough, yeah went direct to FlyDubai's website. Jaysus though, 10k for a hotel! Anything on AirBnB or similar? If you can get a flight in and out I'd chance it; 70,000 stadium so will be a few spares knocking around if you're prepared to travel and pay the ticket cost.

Airbnb gave me a death house as a suggestion, it terrifies me.

But yeah I'm thinking there's bound to be corporates and local tickets on sale for less than the tout sites. Need to figure out what everyone back home is doing first.

When I typed AirBnB I did then think of some remote farmhouse where no one speaks English and the meat pudding is suspect. Probably very delicious but you'll never know for sure what it was.

Clubs will get what, 25,000 tickets each if they're lucky? Leaves UEFA's 'football family' with around 20,000 and pretty sure most of that section was Red in Istanbul and Athens. Where there's a will there's a way, will be a boss weekend any way you look at it.

16,626 tickets to each team. They mentioned last night that there was only going to be 68,000 seats, not full capacity for some reason.

22 minutes ago, glb said:

When I typed AirBnB I did then think of some remote farmhouse where no one speaks English and the meat pudding is suspect. Probably very delicious but you'll never know for sure what it was.

Clubs will get what, 25,000 tickets each if they're lucky? Leaves UEFA's 'football family' with around 20,000 and pretty sure most of that section was Red in Istanbul and Athens. Where there's a will there's a way, will be a boss weekend any way you look at it.

Be a fucking heavy one between the lack of tickets and hotels.

58 minutes ago, reef said:

16,626 tickets to each team. They mentioned last night that there was only going to be 68,000 seats, not full capacity for some reason.

:lol: fucking hell UEFA, 16k each?! So out of 68,000, 33,252 to the clubs, leaving almost 35,000. If you've got deep pockets, there will be spares for sure. But a shameful initial allocation really, even by UEFA's standards.

44 minutes ago, SMD said:

Be a fucking heavy one between the lack of tickets and hotels.

Priceless memories though :)  Allez allez allez!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Baring said:

Liverpool get 16k, doesn’t mean Madrid will. Try double that for them. 

Nope, same allocation. Rest are for sponsors, corporates and the like.

I'd be surprised if Real even sell out their allocation to be honest but they won't make it to Liverpool, they'll just get resold at a premium.

I considered it for 10 minutes. But I've already told my wife we aren't going to holiday this year.

I can't suddenly magic up enough money for Kiev and tickets.

9 minutes ago, Adrock said:

I considered it for 10 minutes. But I've already told my wife we aren't going to holiday this year.

I can't suddenly magic up enough money for Kiev and tickets.

Ask her if she fancies some chicken kievs, repeatedly over the next few days. At some point she will because chicken kievs. Then book flights explaining it was her idea and you want to take her to the birthplace of chicken kievs (citation needed but it’s a believable assumption) for the absolute best and, oh look, there’s a football match on...

If you do decide to go then have fun and watch out for the bent coppers. I’ve had to bribe the cunts a couple of times during my trips there. Kiev is a massive city, surprising lack of good bars though. The stadium is dead central and if you’re desperate enough you could sleep in Shevchenkco Park, wake up and enjoy a game of chess against the old geezers who gather there in the early morning as the weather should be getting pretty decent by then.