IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

If we get the same number of points for the rest of the season as we did up till now, we'll definitely get CL. And our fixture list is kinder without Europe, five away games at our rivals and our style improving as the weather improves.

Also fuck the referees.

Yeah, not worried about Coutinho, he's class, he'll continue to improve and add more goals and assists to his game.

After what Rodgers said after Hull i'm expecting some transfer activity this month, main rumours doing the rounds seem to be linking us again with Will Hughes and Mohamed Salah (never seen him play, any good?), and Aspas to Swansea seems to be quoted a lot so might be some truth to it although I'd be shocked to see him leave after just a few months.

Surely he is credited with an assist for Aggers goal yesterday so that stat is out of date?

You're right (the stat was the one being quoted on the stream I watched before we scored).

Yeah, not worried about Coutinho, he's class, he'll continue to improve and add more goals and assists to his game.

After what Rodgers said after Hull i'm expecting some transfer activity this month, main rumours doing the rounds seem to be linking us again with Will Hughes and Mohamed Salah (never seen him play, any good?), and Aspas to Swansea seems to be quoted a lot so might be some truth to it although I'd be shocked to see him leave after just a few months.

It wouldn't surprise me and I don't think Rodgers has any problem with getting rid of players deemed surplus to requirements. Aspas hasn't settled at all and hasn't got the pace to keep up with Sturridge/Coutinho/Sterling nor the engine of Henderson or Suarez so it's hard to see where he would be best placed in the current line-up. I'm pretty sure in was said in this thread that at Celta he was terrible unless he was up top through the middle - and he's never going to be picked over Sturridge or Suarez. Perhaps he just needs a run of games to blossom, in which case a loan would be a good idea if Rodgers believes he has a future.

Alberto needs games too to help him progress, too, so I could imagine a scenario whereby we buy some players ready to step into the team when needed which allows Alberto to go on loan and actually play. I've forgotten the name of the other defender we bought in August, too - anybody know how he's getting on?

I'd imagine the Oldham match will see the likes of Aspas and Alberto getting game time, but I can't see many chances for them after that, unless we don't sign anyone this window.

We could definitely do with resting a few first teamers on Sunday, but I don't know if Rodgers would risk wholesale changes after last year.

Jones

Kelly Toure Agger Cissokho

Lucas Gerrard Alberto

Moses Aspas Coutinho

Maybe something like that.

It's about time we got something at Stoke, I remember we won 8-0 about 10 years ago but our record there since they got in the premier league is awful, lost the last 4 & Jon fucking Walters looks like Pele against us but pub player against everyone else

how has skrtel not given away a pen from one of his in the box grapples or in that case judo throws? amazing! looks like we are roughing them right up, which is good so far.. but someone needs a word with skrtel! i'm amazed he keeps getting away with it

He went for a submission ground move in the net also.