IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

What Rodgers really needs to say is that Mourinho is a reprehensible piece of dirt who is on a downward spiral since Inter.

The man who oversaw Drogba, the most remarkable diver the Premier league had ever seen, backing him constantly... until he left when a few years later he admitted the guy was an actor.

We known Mourinho is a liar. Not trustworthy.

It was clever by Jose yet likely not meant. It's the media here who are the real dogs. They pat themselves on the back as they slam johnny foreigner time and again while chumming up to tax avoiding redknapp who has done more harm to clubs and supporters than anyone else they'd ever care to castigate.

Sport journalists. It's not a real job is it?

Some bad refereeing decisions but as has been pointed out things could be a lot worse. We have had arguably the toughest 2 games of the season back to back and they didn't go too bad, could easily have drawn them. With Sturidge to come back and hopefully a purchase or 2 in the transfer window I would expect a champions league finish which is all I really wanted at the beginning of the year.

Finally watching the match back.

Webb is terrible.

As far as Mourinho goes - laid back yet more of a lying piece of dirt than ever. Awful piece of work. Karma will take him.

Awful game so far, so bitty and disjointed and the change in formation to accommodate Aspas isn't working. If Rodgers wanted to push Henderson deeper then I would have at least liked to see Luis Alberto a start - I've not been impressed at all by Aspas, barring about 20 minutes on the opening day of the season.

Great header from Suarez just then, but just about the right decision to rule it out for offside.

Got the breakthrough, good header from Agger.

As an aside, Suarez is being kicked all over the pitch at the moment, too and getting no protection from the ref. On another day David Meyler could have been sent off for the studs-up follow-through challenge that gave the corner from which we scored and it's wound him up and he's just been booked. Need half time so Rodgers can calm him down a bit.

What's strange is that Hull can play a bit, as they showed against Man U. They don't need kick everybody off the park.

Anyway, another waste of a great opening there from Countinho. Let's hope we don't rue these missed chances.

I've noticed Assaidi's name appear on the score sheet for Stoke a few times recently. I wonder if he'll get another chance here

3rd goal for him there I think.

Anyway, great freekick, great to see Gerrard back, can't believe Aspas had 65 minutes. I guess after the effort put in over the previous 2 games (for no reward) it's not surprising that this has been a scrappier game and not great to watch - but these are the times it is important to grind out results, which it would appear we've done.

We did enough today, it showed that the players were tired and they weren't going to go over the top to score any more. Simple win, one that was needed after the last two results so I'm very happy. Good to have Gerrard back, we now need Sturridge to come back ASAP to relieve the pressure on a tired Suarez.

The other results didn't go our way, with Arsenal getting a late winner (or two) but at least Everton only drew which gives us a bit of space. A draw between Scum and Spurs will be good now.

Shame Arsenal managed to bag 2 right at the end and Everton got a penalty. Leaves us 4 points behind 3rd. Hopefully with the League Cup and CL games coming back it might work in our favour and the others will slip up a little. Ideally we need to win the next 2 before we play Everton.

Good result, so-so performance overall, and a shithouse first half from Hull that I would not have expected from them.

Aspas looked lively and a prospect when he first arrived but he was terrible today. Nice touch to setup Henderson for his miss but I'm not sure he did a single other good thing in an hour of football.

Good result, so-so performance overall, and a shithouse first half from Hull that I would not have expected from them.

Aspas looked lively and a prospect when he first arrived but he was terrible today. Nice touch to setup Henderson for his miss but I'm not sure he did a single other good thing in an hour of football.

He ran off the pitch quickly to let Gerrard get on ;)