IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

Trying the bt sport iPhone app and website. Great picture, but infuriatingly unreliable. Only been able to see about 5 mins of first half. Is it as terrible for everyone?

Don't know. I'm watching a really good stream.

Oh, and don't forget we have a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside where Sterling was about a yard on. Shocking decision.

Trying the bt sport iPhone app and website. Great picture, but infuriatingly unreliable. Only been able to see about 5 mins of first half. Is it as terrible for everyone?

Hmm, i've never had any problems with either, in fact the HD stream via the website is fantastic.

Disappointed with the scoreline as we deserve to be at least level, but we're playing very well. The only downside is that Negredo is losing both Skrtel and Sakho too easily.

We seem to be pushing a lot of people up, which is leaving us light at the back. City have had 2 or 3 really good breaks which have come from our attacking moves.

We're no good at trying to keep a game tight when we are leading. It's great against lesser opponents to see us constantly push for the second, third, fourth etc, but against teams like city we should be keeping things much tighter.

Let's hope the 2nd half is better from a defending point of view

Certainly no shame in losing to City at their place, what you want here is to at least show you can compete with them. Which Liverpool are so far doing, the unfortunate thing is that City really do look like they can score at will at home.

Frustrating to have lost because of a goalkeeping howler, dropping from 2nd to 4th sucks a bit too.

I think if we play like that against Chelsea (no, apart from you, Sakho) I reckon we've a good chance of bouncing back with a win.

I'm really disappointed in a good way after that. We pressed them hard and, in my eyes, there was very little between the teams. Considering we had a perfectly good goal disallowed as well... Filled me with confidence for the rest of the season that has.

To Gabe: We'll batter Chelsea if we play like that.

It was a good performance overall and there are positives to take from it.

Somebody really needs to give Skrtel a slap though and tell him to stop trying to rip the shirt off peoples' backs, because surely refs are going to start awarding penalties against him for it - rightly so, too.

Well, I think most of us thought that would be the outcome, but I can't help but feel annoyed because of the good go we gave it. Cannot believe Raheem missed that sitter :facepalm: and also as good as Harts reactions were, Couinhos effort was very soft, he just passed it to the keeper, he should have whacked it.

Officiating was utter bs today too, how the fuck he gave offside for Sterling in the first half is beyond me and that yellow card for Suarez....Wut?

We really need a result now from the Chelsea game now though, too many other teams are a few wins away from either catching up or taking over us.

Somebody really needs to give Skrtel a slap though and tell him to stop trying to rip the shirt off peoples' backs, because surely refs are going to start awarding penalties against him for it - rightly so, too.

They need to say that to Lescott too, then, as if Suarez hadn't have done some kind of Tom Daly at the end, we should have had a penalty as well.

Not the result we wanted, but we certainly ran them close. A couple of better finishes, and if that offside wasn't incorrectly given, we could have quite easily won today. Anything against Chelsea will still be good across both games, and we can then look forward to the second half of the season, where there's only United to visit from the top 8.

Well, I think most of us thought that would be the outcome, but I can't help but feel annoyed because of the good go we gave it. Cannot believe Raheem missed that sitter facepalm: and also as good as Harts reactions were, Couinhos effort was very soft, he just passed it to the keeper, he should have whacked it.

Officiating was utter bs today too, how the fuck he gave offside for Sterling in the first half is beyond me and that yellow card for Suarez....Wut?

We really need a result now from the Chelsea game now though, too many other teams are a few wins away from either catching up or taking over us.

I certainly expect better of Coutinho and he should have scored but Sterling isn't the best of finishers so, whilst a bad miss (and he too should have scored), it was less unexpected from him if you know what I mean.

As for the officiating, I don't think we can complain, really. Most of the 50-50s went our way (including a fair few throw-ins that clearly shouldn't have) and as noted above, Skrtel could easily have conceded another 2 or 3 penalties. The offside decision was terrible though.

They need to say that to Lescott too, then, as if Suarez hadn't have done some kind of Tom Daly at the end, we should have had a penalty as well.

Has Lescott got away with it 7 times in the last 2 matches then?

Has Lescott got away with it 7 times in the last 2 matches then?

Probably not, but it's been a problem across the league all season, and Kompany was guilty of it today too. Skrtel's become the poster boy for it, but he certainly wasn't the first to do it, and as long as referees continue to ignore it, he might as well carry on.

I think Liverpool really gave a good show of themselves against a strong City who are tough to beat at home. I actually thought you might nick the draw in the second half. It was a pretty good positive performance.

But, yeah Skrtel seems a bit of a liability at the moment.

Probably not, but it's been a problem across the league all season, and Kompany was guilty of it today too. Skrtel's become the poster boy for it, but he certainly wasn't the first to do it, and as long as referees continue to ignore it, he might as well carry on.

Well I was being facetious of course, but whilst everybody does it, Skrtel seems to have dispensed with trying to defend any other way now, as if it is his crutch. The other side to that of course being that I'd like to see us getting penalties for it too. Perhaps if Skrtel hadn't been doing it all game Suarez might have got his penalty - you never know!

I think Liverpool really gave a good show of themselves against a strong City who are tough to beat at home. I actually thought you might nick the draw in the second half. It was a pretty good positive performance.

But, yeah Skrtel seems a bit of a liability at the moment.

The contrast between tonight and the game away at Arsenal was vast; at Arsenal we never got started, and couldn't seemingly ramp-up through the gears, whereas tonight the team looked to attack early and often and with purpose. That's good to see, and I think is a sign of progress as a unit.