rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

We are fucking brilliant today. Suarez probably the pick again but everyone out there has been on top of their game pretty much.

Fucking hell. Suarez keeps getting better and better, I'm happy to keep eating my words from the summer if he's going to keep ladling them onto my plate.

Henderson sets up a goal with a backheel for the second week in a row and a great pass to Suarez for Sterling's goal. Fuck, didn't realise he set up the first too. He's playing brilliantly today.

Say what you like about Suarez, but Henderson has been amazing this season. He has bossed the midfield since Gerrard has gone.

• Upvote 1

Hasn't he set up all 3 (if you ignore the simple final pass for Sterling's tap in)?

But everyone wanted him gone

Not everyone.

Him and Lucas together (and add Allen to that last couple of games) have a great balance, each know their role and they are doing their jobs to perfection. There can be no way Gerrard walks back into this team if this form continues.

I've always stood by Henderson because I learnt my lesson from Lucas. He always needed time and to be playing in the right position and now he's had/doing that look how good he is.

If he doesn't find himself on that plane to Brazil over the likes of Cleverly it will be an outrage.

Apparently Suarez has now outscored Manchester United... Take that in a moment. Suarez has scored more goals this season than Manchester United.

Fuck sake, why can't we keep clean sheets. Awef defending, why are Kelly and Skrtl marking one player leaving Sahko with 2

Apparently Suarez has now outscored Manchester United... Take that in a moment. Suarez has scored more goals this season than Manchester United.

Not to take anything away from Suarez but the way United are playing I reckon I've scored more than them at 5-a-side this season.

And I don't even play 5-a-side.

United have scored 25 league goals as a team

United have scored 25 league goals as a team

Bah, that'll teach me to listen to random 'facts'

It's always just the players arguing with the ref. If it did a WWE style thing and was a little bit bigger and showed replays whilst the game was still going on it might be better. There's often times when something happens but because there's no break in play you don't see a replay. They could use it for that.

Yes. I thought they'd use it to show the replay of the Flannagan shot that was on the line (and definitely not over), but it just showed the live close-up of the ref as he continued to ref the game. Very odd.

Still, three points and top of the league for a short while.

Well, as awful in the second half as we were brilliant in the first half. And how Skrtel didn't concede 4 penalties I'll never know - he was a very lucky boy with a lot of very blatant shirt pulling. Actually, our defending from any set piece was pretty shocking today, I'm not even sure we won any headers in the box. Sakho looked pretty good though, even if he does still go to ground a bit too keenly for my liking.

It was a good result though, because given all the rubbish that's been happening at Cardiff this could easily have turned into one of those games. Roll on Monday night - it'd be nice to be top at Christmas!

Whats people's predictions for the game today? I'm hoping we stay with the same formation and team that beat Spurs so comfortably,although I'd still prefer Agger back in defence rather than Skrtel.

Personally, a 3-1 victory today would be my expectations, but with this Liverpool side, you just never know whats gonna happen. A Suarez hat trick would be nice for my fantasy football team though! :)

:hat::sealclap:

• Upvote 1

Say what you like about Suarez, but Henderson has been amazing this season. He has bossed the midfield since Gerrard has gone.

I don't mean to be a pain in the hole but I've been asking questions about Gerrard's role in the Liverpool side for a while mainly due to his energy levels - looking at Hendo's performance today again,Stevie wasn't missed.

To Gabe, I'd generally agree about defenders and specifically Sakho going to ground too eagerly but if you watch him do it his timing has ben pretty much spot in any of the instances I've seen- it looks like a skill(as he'sdone it on at least 4 occasions this season where the consequences of gettign it wrong were pretty serious) rather than something that's considered a last ditch necessity

Whats people's predictions for the game today? I'm hoping we stay with the same formation and team that beat Spurs so comfortably,although I'd still prefer Agger back in defence rather than Skrtel.

Personally, a 3-1 victory today would be my expectations, but with this Liverpool side, you just never know whats gonna happen. A Suarez hat trick would be nice for my fantasy football team though! :)

Shout.

As for Henderson, I've been defending him for ages and made up that he's really beginning to shine. He could have the lot if he keeps at it.

Bring on City.

Shame I never put any money on that result!

We'll, how bloody good were we in the first half?! Henderson is looking awesome at the moment, completely undropable. Suarez though, I was stunned by his second goal, what an amazing finish. What I love is the way our midfield is full of runners. In the recent past, I'd be screaming at the tv for players to Getty in the box, make late runs, take a chance and this season, with this team, we are doing that time and time again. The amount of times I noticed Suarez near the centre circle with Hendo, Sterling, Coutinho and Allen all ahead of him, offering him as many options as possible. Truely great to watch.

The second half we let them back in and for 15mins I was worried, but in the end it was a comfortable win. I still think Johnson and Skrtel are liabilities, but at the moment we really do look unstoppable. Great game, great team, so far a great season. Top of the league, top of the league!!!

I'm happy that we did our work in the first half and eased up second, giving us a breather for City. Is Gerrard going to be fit for Chelsea at all?

To Gabe, I'd generally agree about defenders and specifically Sakho going to ground too eagerly but if you watch him do it his timing has ben pretty much spot in any of the instances I've seen- it looks like a skill(as he'sdone it on at least 4 occasions this season where the consequences of gettign it wrong were pretty serious) rather than something that's considered a last ditch necessity

Oh don't get me wrong, I realise that's his method - I made reference to it in his first game with us when he made a couple of proper sliding challenges and that at some point it might bite him.

That said - and whilst I agree that they haven't last-ditch tackles necessarily - what that tells me is that he doesn't read the game and get into the right positions enough, which is why he has to make a sliding challenge in the first place (outside of occasions where he is being beaten for pace, of course). If you look at the top defenders, it's not that often they have to make sliding challenges and that's because their awareness is just a little bit better.

I should end that by saying that I do think Sakho is a good defender and looks solid, especially considering he's not been at the club long and has had to adjust to different partners and formations. Just that I think there's room for improvement (which of course is good for the club).

Great gesture by Suarez to hand the armband over to Agger (who is apparently Vice Captain?) when he came on. I didn't pick up on that during the game so well highlighted by MOTD.

Fantastic stuff, and great news on a new contract so Suarez isn't pinched in Jan.

Those next two games - this could be season defining. If we lose badly could if affect morale?