IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

What a fantastic result. To win at Spurs is one thing, to utterly destroy them and them not have a shot on target is exceptional.

IMO, the disallowed goal was a foul, he blatantly barged into his side/back with the ball not under control. The red card was also correct, he left his foot in and didn't withdraw it at any point.

As for the Liverpool players, Hendo looked like a spent confident player, Cortina (Coutinho) as he is known in my household was always dangerous and Suarez was simply breathtaking again. The whole side posted well, and what a lovely finish from Flannagan.

We need to do the same to Cardiff and Chelsea next, then see what happens at the Etihad.

What a turn-around this has been. I fully expected us to play poorly and lose today. Brilliant to have my misgivings being proven so wrong by Rodgers and the team. Obviously we have a couple of tough fixtures coming up soon so the league table might not be looking so pretty in a few weeks. Still, we look to have found that magic balance; long may it continue.

We need to do the same to Cardiff and Chelsea next, then see what happens at the Etihad.

That might be a problem, seeing as we play City before Chelsea ;)

What a turn-around this has been. I fully expected us to play poorly and lose today. Brilliant to have my misgivings being proven so wrong by Rodgers and the team. Obviously we have a couple of tough fixtures coming up soon so the league table might not be looking so pretty in a few weeks. Still, we look to have found that magic balance; long may it continue.

I actually think we've got a great chance against Chelsea, they are quite leaky in defence and I think we can trouble them. We could be the team to break Jose's fabulous record at the Bridge!

City will be a massive test because their home form has been pretty imperious for a long time and as anybody who saw the Arsenal game can attest, you can sometimes almost see a switch flicked from 'Not too bothered' to 'Need to score, now!' The commentator on the stream I was watching (with the score at 4-2) joked that the City fans who were leaving 5 minutes early were being silly and could end up missing 3 goals - and he was right! But that exemplifies that they can strike so quickly when they move through the gears. It should be a cracking game at least.

Gerrard mentioned in the Sky studio that Suarez isn't as quick as he appears, something i'd always wondered about. I never thought was one of the quickest but so often he seems to be 10 yards ahead of the defenders, Souness said he's already on the move before the defenders have reacted, that kind of anticipation seems to make a hell of a difference.

I know it sounds mad but should we be worried about AVB going? Were a bigger club and all that but Is Rodgers one of those needs to be living in London types?

LOL BR is not going anywhere he is in it for the long term.

Gerrard mentioned in the Sky studio that Suarez isn't as quick as he appears, something i'd always wondered about. I never thought was one of the quickest but so often he seems to be 10 yards ahead of the defenders, Souness said he's already on the move before the defenders have reacted, that kind of anticipation seems to make a hell of a difference.

The top players all have the ability to read the game ahead of the opposition, then combine that with good movement. Teddy Sheringham is a great example of somebody who had the speed and turning circle of an oil tanker but he took up good positions and as a result had a very successful career, especially in his advancing years. Suarez is clearly quicker than Teddy and has better feet, too, so that, added to his movement and anticipation, makes him a real handful.

Plus, as Gary Lineker always used to espouse, he gambles on things - the defender missing the ball/misplacing a pass. It's amazing how many strikers don't do that - for Sterling's goal they highlighted that he was ahead of the Spurs defence in case of a rebound.

Would draws against both been acceptable? I'd like to think so, but if 09 taught us anything, draws can really screw us over

Draws against poor teams is what hurt us in 2009 - Stoke, Wigan, Hull, West Ham, Fulham all took a point from us in that sticky run between late November and mid-January - win just 2 of those and we would have won the title.

I think everybody would take a point against City (Rodgers included) but I really do think Chelsea are beatable - they've had to scrape results against some fairly ordinary opposition of late. They do have attacking flair, of course and it'll be no cakewalk, but still, I think they are vulnerable.

We should be putting at least a few past a team who recently concede 3 to Stoke, 3 to Sunderland, 2 to Palace. Definitely think we should be looking for the win against Chelsea.

Also, Aguero is out for a month so that's nice. Not that they're lacking in replacements but he was in terrifying form. Would settle for 0-0 however unlikely that is.

This beauty is in the comments section on BBC, about the AVB sacking:

Davey Bones
JUST NOW

The performance yesterday was beyond awful. Spurs were thrashed at home against the quintessential one man team. It's only Liverpool fans that give themselves much chance of a top four spot and yet they completely outclassed a disgraceful Spurs.

We're still big outsiders for a top four. All we've done so far is kept ourselves in the running and given ourselves a chance.

Indeed - I do still think we have one of the smallest squads out of the top 8. I'd like to think that investment will be forthcoming in January if the right players are around to help build a squad that can not only help get top-4 this season, but be a platform to progress next season.

Why not? What does it matter in the long run. Lighten up.

Lighten up? Your entire existence in the Sports folder is designed to have one outcome, winding fans of other clubs up. It's clear you think it's funny but literally nobody else does. It's tiresome, unoriginal and petty. Just because you dress it up as a (painfully unfunny) joke, doesn't hide the bitter sentiment behind it. Why don't you win gracefully for once for fuck sake.

This beauty is in the comments section on BBC, about the AVB sacking:

Davey Bones

JUST NOW

The performance yesterday was beyond awful. Spurs were thrashed at home against the quintessential one man team. It's only Liverpool fans that give themselves much chance of a top four spot and yet they completely outclassed a disgraceful Spurs.

One man team? But Gerrard wasn't playing...

Lighten up? Your entire existence in the Sports folder is designed to have one outcome, winding fans of other clubs up. It's clear you think it's funny but literally nobody else does. It's tiresome, unoriginal and petty. Just because you dress it up as a (painfully unfunny) joke, doesn't hide the bitter sentiment behind it. Why don't you win gracefully for once for fuck sake.

Oh and when people go LOL DINOBOT IS GOOD TO WIND UP it's okay?

Ridiculous my boy. My boy. Ridiculous my boy.

What does it matter, really? Why does it upset you. It shouldn't! It's just some internet. Geez sister, take a ticket and eat some pizza.