Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

Personally I think he thought he could get away with leaving his foot in - see how he flicks it back? The only reason to do that is to get studs on Suarez.

A deserved red then - still some way to go mind

First half we were fantastic, though I think Mignolet got lucky with his mistake. So far Spurs have been better and we've stepped-back a bit and let them come onto us (which I never like to see) and they could have had a penalty. The red card is a tricky one though, whilst is was accidental, his foot does seem to twist into Suarez rather than carry on straight where the ball was.

We should be able to see out the game now, which will be an excellent result, especially given our recent form there.

Hahahahahahaha fucking wicked!

This means I've certainly lost out £10 on my half way through the season fantasy league - certainly worth it to watch us destroy Spurs at home :D

Stuff like this makes the Hull result seems utterly bizarre.

Now we need to beat Cardiff to take some pressure off the City and Chelsea games. I'd settle for two draws from them but it we play like this against Chelsea there's nothing to say we can't beat them with the way their defence is atm

Could have been quite different though, spurs could have easily had a goal back when Soldado bumped Mignolet, then Skrtel held him back from a cross that could have easily been given as a penalty, then the red card which was hardly Nigel De Jong in the world cup final.

But fuck that, we took our chances and were absolutely deadly. I thought Henderson, Sterling, Allen, Flanigan and of course Suarez were all absolutely excellent all game. I hope that result will give us belief that we can beat Chelsea and City now. Amazing, amazing performance.

Stuff like this makes the Hull result seems utterly bizarre.

Now we need to beat Cardiff to take some pressure off the City and Chelsea games. I'd settle for two draws from them but it we play like this against Chelsea there's nothing to say we can't beat them with the way their defence is atm

In fairness, the Hull result was bizzare - even at half-time in that game you wouldn't have thought they'd go on to win (even though we were off-key that day). What was impressive about today is that we started the game at a high tempo and scored during that little spell and didn't take out feet off the pedal. Getting the second goal was vital because Spurs were always going to have a spell of pressure in the game and when they did the midfield started to drop deeper.

The challenge now is to not 'do another Hull' against Cardiff - ignore the Chelsea and City games for the moment. We could go top on Saturday and stay there for Christmas, potentially - Arsenal play Chelsea on Monday (which both teams must be very unhappy about, given it means 4 games in 10 days for them both) so a draw there we're top of the tree (even if only for a day). Indeed, Arsenal could conceivably find themselves 4th come Boxing Day, which would surely be a massive blow to their confidence and belief, given the way they've played (prior to yesterday, of course). And if City's baffling away form woes continued, then, well, anything could happen.

If nothing else, it means I still have something to look forward too post-New Year; so often in the last 20 years our season has been over before Christmas in terms of being competitive, so whilst I realistically still don't see us winning the title, it allows the a chance to dream. Which is sometimes all there is to have as a fan!

Where's Shimmyhill when you need him?

I'm here sweetheart, nice of you to think of me in my time of need!

I didn't see the game but well done to your lot, from the bbc text the red was the turning point but you were deservedly 2-0 up by then. I also hear the disallowed goal was very pro goal keeper and the red was harsh but who knows as I didn't see it.

I'm here sweetheart, nice of you to think of me in my time of need!

I didn't see the game but well done to your lot, from the bbc text the red was the turning point but you were deservedly 2-0 up by then. I also hear the disallowed goal was very pro goal keeper and the red was harsh but who knows as I didn't see it.

The disallowed goal was lucky - it looked a fair shoulder-charge to me and in the second half I wouldn't have been surprised to see a penalty given against Skrtel. I think on another day the red would have only been a yellow, too, but it was still a late and very high challenge that could have done some damage if he had his weight behind it.

As you say though, we were in complete control already - just seen too that you didn't have a single shot on target in the game, which is a first for you since Opta stats began - so I disagree that it was a turning point, other than to say it helped us scoring more, rather than stopped you from getting back into the game. I don't think we ever looked troubled even with 11 v 11.