IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

so then, west ham at 3pm. hoping for a good perfomance and result, obviously!

Confirmed #LFC team v West Ham: Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez

Confirmed #LFC subs v West Ham: Jones, Cissokho, Toure, Lucas, Moses, Alberto, Aspas.

I don't know. Gerrard gave the ball away or over hit passes so often. For a while when he came off and Lucas came on, we looked brilliant, then they got a lucky goal and they built up confidence, we weathered that mini storm and took control again.

If he has a couple of weeks off, I don't think it is the end of the world.

Very happy with the win, but I don't think it was a particularly great performance. Lots of very sloppy passing, some very unsure defending and we let West Ham have create a lot of pressure at a pivotal moment of the game, which could have been costly. Sterling used his pace well, but still has a real lack of quality (both in terms of his finishing and final ball), the midfield in general wasn't firing on all cylinders and we spurned a number of chances.

From a neutral point of view, this season is looking very similar to last season - one team picks up results whilst all around falter. What is up with City's away form, for example? Chelsea's problems aren't surprising, they're very attacking but awfully-creaky at the back and have been for a while. I feel that Tottenham are always on the verge of clicking, but their results have been patchy and obviously Man U have a number of well-documented issues. It makes me think that if teams around us continue to throw games away, then getting 4th is very achievable.

Very happy with the win, but I don't think it was a particularly great performance. Lots of very sloppy passing, some very unsure defending and we let West Ham have create a lot of pressure at a pivotal moment of the game, which could have been costly. Sterling used his pace well, but still has a real lack of quality (both in terms of his finishing and final ball), the midfield in general wasn't firing on all cylinders and we spurned a number of chances.

From a neutral point of view, this season is looking very similar to last season - one team picks up results whilst all around falter. What is up with City's away form, for example? Chelsea's problems aren't surprising, they're very attacking but awfully-creaky at the back and have been for a while. I feel that Tottenham are always on the verge of clicking, but their results have been patchy and obviously Man U have a number of well-documented issues. It makes me think that if teams around us continue to throw games away, then getting 4th is very achievable.

I've always been a great believer that the league doesn't really start taking shape until 15 games in. Many teams start strong for the first 10 games and then drop off. We are still at the top after 15 but I still think there will be some changes to the table yet. It's been a strange league so far but I guess that isn't too surprising considering all the new managers. I think Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are beyond us over the full season. I think our real fights are with Spurs and Man U for that 4th spot. Still, it is excellent to see us right up there at this time of year.

I think Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are beyond us over the full season. I think our real fights are with Spurs and Man U for that 4th spot. Still, it is excellent to see us right up there at this time of year.

Think where we are at New Years could be pretty significant in determining our season. Two of our toughest games in a row at Christmas. Decent performances and results and still being near the top could lead who knows where or two losses in a row could really kill our momentum.

Just watching MOTD and another OG for Skrtl isn't good but I think it's harsh to have a go at him. Had he not tried to get his foot in there it was going straight to the West Ham player who probably would have finished it off himself. He just couldn't get his foot onto it properly.

I'll be happy with an Arsenal win. Don't mind if we don't catch them but want to increase the gap between the clubs below as much as possible.

Agreed, we need to focus on who we are competing against. I want arsenal to continue to take points off our rivals.

Yeah, I don't think we'll win the league (if Arsenal win today, it;s theirs to lose), but the more the teams below us fuck up, the better chance of getting a CL spot we have and at the start of the season, that was the main goal. So if Arsenal win today, it doesn work in our favour.

We should be happy with a top 4 finish, BUT obviously if we find ourselves in the title hunt then the players and BR need to try their best to try and grab it.

I don't understand why people think Arsenal are miles ahead of us. It's 5 points this weekend and we're level with Chelsea. We're bang on 2ppg with a young squad and still to gel. I'm not saying oh yeah it's our year but fuck me, it's been fun so far and we've got a favourable third round draw - with no Europe, we don't need to worry too much about how big our squad is and can add specific players for the first team in January.

Let's just go for it.