Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

What a game. Not fantastic performance wise from our point of view (Mignolet excepted), but great fun to watch. Mirallas being a dirty bastard was the only downside to an outstanding contest.

EDIT: Actually, you can chuck Flanagan in with Mignolet. Suarez too I suppose. And Lucas and Henderson.

Dreadful attempt from Allen but equally unimpressed with the subs in the second half - far too attacking. I suppose you could argue it's a sign of the positive, confident attitude we've begun to acquire but we were ridiculously open to counter-attacks after that and would have lost but for Mignolet.

3-3 draw at Goodison, when they've been tight at the back and we've been notoriously poor after international breaks. Gutted we couldn't hold onto the lead but brilliant we came back when we looked down and out.

I only got to listen to the second half on 5 Live and it sounded quite open and whilst im frustrated we let a lead slip twice, i'm pleased that we showed some character to get the point. From reading about the game it sounds like the defending for all 6 goals was awful.

Worrying though that once again when a team has the confidence to have a go at us we look very fragile.

Dreadful decision by the ref & poor miss by Allen. I've not been impressed with Allen at all, certainly nothing worth spending £15Mil to get him. We should have defended better & if it was not for Mignolet we would not have got a point.

http://www.givemesport.com/398355-lionel-messi-overtaken-by-liverpool-starlet-in-la-liga-assists?autoplay=on&utm_source=outbrain-rss&utm_medium=outbrain-rss&utm_campaign=outbrain-rss

Liverpool teenager Suso has been afforded the opportunity to further his education away from the club this season with a loan spell at Almeria, and his performances will provide Reds fans with further excitement for the future.

In his 11 La Liga appearances for Almeria so far this season Suso has contributed five assists, the last of which came at the weekend, and this particular success in the defeat of Valladolid saw the 19-year-old surpass the tally of Lionel Messi.

Better than Messi!

Before the reported length of time I was going to say "now we will see how we can cope without him/as an option".

Maybe he tried too hard in training? OKay.

This may be excellent timing. January transfer window! 8 weeks means full fitness won't be till Feb at least.

Henderson is so much better ahead of the midfield. Just launch Moses out of a cannon aimed in the general direction of London, bring Allen in and stick Jordan wide. Where has this "death by football" philosophy disappeared to?

Sorry I'm still moaning.

I was just about to say, they've really been doing us the last 10 mins.

So close I scoring and we end up conceding. Not good so far.

Miracle needed.

Again it shows that we are lacking options from the bench to change games (or even just up the tempo).

It also shows he doesn't even know which system he wants to play. The only recurring themes from our line-ups this season are: he wants to play a deep line, with an unbalanced or just plain average midfield, and some pace up front/on the wings. What was the point in spending any of that money in the summer? Not one of them gets in the team.

Take Skrtel out and shoot him.

TWICE in one game.

Commentary saying how great he's been too, a few mins before. Quality stuff.

This shows why we cannot challenge for the title.