rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

i say sell him because while hes there hes like a shadow over the 1st team..always talk about well we've still got sturridge to come back, and he obviously does take up resources and time to deal with and try to get out on the pitch. i dont dislike him, and hes brilliant, but hes taking up a space. but yeah, i dont know who'd take him.

• Upvote 1

Nobody because he's on a wedge. But that's beside the point. He's worth his place in the squad. We have Benteke, Origi and Ings. That should be enough for a single striker system, even without Sturridge. I trust Klopp to manage the 'problem' his spectre presents.

It's like Lallana... people say he's shit and isn't worth £25m (let's not bother to factor in the relatively light wage he's on, either), so they want him sold. Then we moan about the lack of depth in the squad. Lallana could be a valuable squad player for us. He covers 3 positions, works hard and has some quality. But it's like if he's not good enough to force his way into the first team for every game, then he's not good enough to be at the club at all. It's madness.

For me, Lallana should be playing as much as possible at the moment, as he looks bloody great in the system we play under Klopp!

I've moaned about Sturridge a lot in here and was happy to look stupid when he came back and banged in those two against Southampton, but now that's our lot again for another month? There's something wrong with him. I really do dislike him which is silly as I don't know the guy but there's only so many injuries before he starts to look like a malingering prick. Yeah, that's outrageous and stupid, whatever, I'm just sick of him and his bullshit. He's treated by many like the star of the club who'll solve everything if only he were fit and I think it's time to get past that. He has the odd great game but he's nowhere near as good as people say and he must be one of the highest paid players in the world if you work it out on a wage per appearance ratio.

Yeah we could probably do with bringing in someone on loan - unless Benteke starts to be more consistent, we'll struggle with just him and Origi.

Klopp said he sees Firmino as a 'striker that sometimes plays in midfield' rather than the other way round. So far, he's certainly done better in that role than in Midfield.

I've moaned about Sturridge a lot in here and was happy to look stupid when he came back and banged in those two against Southampton, but now that's our lot again for another month? There's something wrong with him. I really do dislike him which is silly as I don't know the guy but there's only so many injuries before he starts to look like a malingering prick. Yeah, that's outrageous and stupid, whatever, I'm just sick of him and his bullshit. He's treated by many like the star of the club who'll solve everything if only he were fit and I think it's time to get past that. He has the odd great game but he's nowhere near as good as people say and he must be one of the highest paid players in the world if you work it out on a wage per appearance ratio.

On Monday's Football Weekly Rafael Honigstein was saying how the German league thinks it's crazy that injured players in the Premier League still get their full wage whereas in Germany after 8 or 9 weeks it drops down to whatever the German minimum is. I not saying Sturridge is like that and he wouldn't be the first Liverpool striker made of glass but I wonder if that affects the mentality of players here.

I understand the frustration but surely you can see this isn't his fault. He said he didn't feel right and then most people, the manager included, told him it was in his head and to toughen up and get on with it. He played and now he has a strain. This isn't some imaginary strain that he's invented with his own hypochondriac brain - this is a strain that has shown up on an actual scan. Again.

• Upvote 1

Quite a disjointed performance so far. Too many long balls. Firmino awful again. Where's the guy who played at City? Good to see Hendo back starting though. And little Phil on the bench.

hmm... another slow game. At least a Liverpool player scored, only problem being it's Markovic and against Celtic.

Criminal decision to loan him out.

We've got 4 games in 10 days from 30 December. Not to mention a lot of traveling. Sunderland, Waste Ham, Stoke and Exeter - all away. Followed by United and Arsenal at home. Tough for the players, even tougher for the traveling Kop.

As I feared, Mignolet fuck up and they score. This just happens way too much. It's so predictable. No matter what we do up front, when we do it that is, we're always susceptible to that fuck up, it seems inevitable there'll be one or two a game.