rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Glad we didn't get Mkhitariyan, once I heard he didn't return to his club to force through a transfer I knew this is a player whose attitude the club could do without.

Haha, yeah right.
  • Upvote 2

Can we start calling him a diving cunt yet? :) but yeah, it's a shame it has to end like this, I would of wished him well, great player for us and he deserves to be playing at a higher level but he's being a total dick in Uruguay, why doesn't he just show his face at Anfield and ask for a transfer?

It all seems a bit immature and badly advised to me. If we sell to a Premiership side I will be pissed off. £40mil+ and out of the Prem will be a satisfactory conclusion only.

I wouldn't even be that bothered about him going to another Premiership club to be perfectly honest. He's a liability at this point, and if any of our rivals are stupid enough to pay the asking price, then bite their hand off I'd say.

What makes you think those fans would even welcome him? Checking the likes of Redcafe, Shedend and Bluemoon they'd all be royally peeved in a potential signing of Suarez.

Arsenal fans might be desperate enough.

• Downvote 6

What makes you think those fans would even welcome him?Checking the likes of Redcafe, Shedend and Bluemoon they'd all be royally peeved in a potential signing of Suarez.

Arsenal fans might be desperate enough.

Because football fans are the most fickle people in the world. Regardless of what they say now if Suarez nets them 30 goals a season they would be singing his name.

If Torres came back to us we'd slag off the move, but if he started scoring and winning games for us it'd soon be forgotten.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can we start calling him a diving cunt yet? :) but yeah, it's a shame it has to end like this, I would of wished him well, great player for us and he deserves to be playing at a higher level but he's being a total dick in Uruguay, why doesn't he just show his face at Anfield and ask for a transfer?

If he puts in an official transfer request he loses out financially.

He needs to go and we need to commence an auction ASAP. If someone stumps up £40+ million up front then take it.

Because football fans are the most fickle people in the world. Regardless of what they say now if Suarez nets them 30 goals a season they would be singing his name.

If Torres came back to us we'd slag off the move, but if he started scoring and winning games for us it'd soon be forgotten.

Reckon we're safe there, eh?

Reckon we're safe there, eh?

Haha quite. But then again he did score something like 20 in all comps last season. But you know what I meant. We as football fans will boo a player one minute and then when then sign for our team we cheer them.

I wouldn't even be that bothered about him going to another Premiership club to be perfectly honest. He's a liability at this point, and if any of our rivals are stupid enough to pay the asking price, then bite their hand off I'd say.

He will score goals for fun wherever he goes, I don't want that to be a rival.

I can't compare Torres to Owen though, the situations were completely different.

Torres was promised things that didn't happen. Then Rafa was sacked and Hodgson brought in, who in turn bought terrible signings. As Torres you'd look at that and think there's no way this team has the same ambitions I do. He gave us 6 months (alebiet, sulky ones) and then left to go win things. He did just that. Plus he brought us in £50m. I don't like the team he left us for, but it could have been worse.

Owen on the orher hand wouldn't sign a new deal, strung us along and ended up leaving for £8m. Someone of his talent should have been leaving for no less than £25m. He then went to United later on, cause he's a mercenary through and through.

• Downvote 1

Interesting from Rodgers:

The next stage of bolstering the manager's options before the 2013-14 campaign gets underway will involve further boosting the 40-year-old's first-choice line-up.

"Our recruitment team are doing a great job behind the scenes in compiling lists of players that we can afford and might be available for us," Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com on Thursday.

"What we've done in the early part of the summer is to improve the squad. That's something I feel we've done with the players we've brought in.

"Now what's important over the next three to five weeks is improving the team. That's something the club is working very hard at.

"I'm sure by the time the end of August comes we'll be ready and we'll have a terrific squad ready to challenge."

• Upvote 1

I can't compare Torres to Owen though, the situations were completely different.

Torres was promised things that didn't happen. Then Rafa was sacked and Hodgson brought in, who in turn bought terrible signings. As Torres you'd look at that and think there's no way this team has the same ambitions I do. He gave us 6 months (alebiet, sulky ones) and then left to go win things. He did just that. Plus he brought us in £50m. I don't like the team he left us for, but it could have been worse.

Owen on the orher hand wouldn't sign a new deal, strung us along and ended up leaving for £8m. Someone of his talent should have been leaving for no less than £25m. He then went to United later on, cause he's a mercenary through and through.

Totally agree, Owen fucked us over and Suarez appears to be going along the same lines.

£40-£50m?! No chance. I reckon if Arsenal really had bid £30m for him (they haven't) Liverpool would snap their hands off. He'll go to Madrid for £30m at most.

Liverpool paid £22.8 million for him. He's proven himself in a good league. He's not being sold for £30 or £35 million. With players like Neymar, Falcao, Cavani, Damiao, Higuain (possibly) etc all already having moved this summer, this is just driving Suarez's price up.

• Upvote 1