rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Guess which North London club is interested in signing Mkhitaryan and has held talks with his advisors. Seriously wtf? Do their scouting team do any work or just look at what we're doing and copy it.

Guess which North London club is interested in signing Mkhitaryan and has held talks with his advisors. Seriously wtf? Do their scouting team do any work or just look at what we're doing and copy it.

I think this is fairly common practice these days, Chelsea have done it to Spurs a few times recently as well. Is this Mkhitayan really worth the money then?

Two Russian journos and the ESPN Russia / Liverpool commentator have all said Mkhitaryan has joined Liverpool.

The Spurs link is nonsense. They are signing Paulinho next week.

I think this is fairly common practice these days, Chelsea have done it to Spurs a few times recently as well. Is this Mkhitayan really worth the money then?

Tbh I have no idea. I don't anything about him, Alberto or Aspas. But from what I've heard he could be amazing.

The Spurs link is nonsense. They are signing Paulinho next week.

From what I understand Paulinho only wants to join of Bale stays. Spurs says he is but £80m is a lot to turn down, especially if he has a bad season/injury next year.

The only thing I know about Mkhitaryan is that he consistently becomes one of the best players in the world on Football Manager. Surely that makes him worth a punt? I mean, just look at Cherno Samba and Freddy Adu...

Shaktar where in the same group as Chelsea last season. Mkhitaryan isn't a complete unknown. No one is ever going to claim he's the new Messi but its potentially a hell of a signing for a Liverpool team that have been stagnant for a few seasons.

If you compare Ince for £8m and Coutinho for £8m, I know which I'd prefer. I think we have moved on to continental targets covering the same AM role now, so there is just less need for a pricey, unproven-at-the-top-level midfielder.

:lol: @ hmm

Edit: Ah yes. Don't we get 30% from the Ince sale too? This might change things slightly if he only costs us £5-6m in real terms, but I still believe that ship has sailed.

Edit: Ah yes. Don't we get 30% from the Ince sale too? This might change things slightly if he only costs us £5-6m in real terms, but I still believe that ship has sailed.

Plus I'm sure Blackpool were wanting us to pay more, probably because of the whole Charlie Adam thing.

Apparently we've accepted a £6m bid for Shelvy from Swansea, with him heading there today to discuss terms.

I must say that seems like good business to me, he's not really worked out and has a nasty habit of moments of madness.

The Shelvey transfer isn't a real surprise (though going to Swansea is, not really sure where he'll fit in that team); I said during the season that he started really well and looked like he was going to establish himself, then got sent-off against Man U, got injured and struggled to make any impression when he did finally come back.

Still, from Swansea's point of view he's still just a boy and could become a good Premier League player, if not necessarily top-drawer.

I believe I saw comments of "The next Stevie G" in relation to Shelvey either here or on RAWK , which either shows how deluded some supporters are or the potential of the guy which last year he certainly didn't seem like fulfilling.

I thought when he first arrived on the scene he did genuinely look like he could be like Gerrard.

Then the more he played the more evident it was that his footballing intelligence just wasn't there and sadly he just wasn't as good as people hopes he'd be.

Rumours suggest that the club are back in for Tom Ince....

Glad we didn't get Mkhitariyan, once I heard he didn't return to his club to force through a transfer I knew this is a player whose attitude the club could do without.

:(

Ah well. I can understand him wanting to go there for CL football. I wonder who the replacement will be. Eriksen, I suppose.

Personally my replacement for him would be Coutinho! :lol:

I'd much rather we spent some/all of the money on the left so that Phil can play off the front. Him and Sturridge looked bloody great together when we set up that way last season.

Yeah I'd prefer to just have Coutinho play through the middle.

Though I'd still like it if we got Keisuke Honda and let him play there...

*edit* wikipedia saying Honda has gone to FC Torpedo Kutaisi. That's not right, is it? Must be some Wiki-editing shenanigans...