Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

This is woeful. The game's beyond us now, we should be looking at trying a new system in the second half because right now, the players we have available are struggling in this set up. It isn't just one or two players, it's the whole team not performing. 

4 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Klopp needs to literally walk on the pitch and tell Gomez to get the fuck off the pitch.

Or you know, Klopp can take some responsibility for this shit. He's become an untouchable in the minds of our fans, but fuck him for fucking as tactically in first half of games. 

Salah can fuck off as well.

I'm not watching it and only just seen the line-up, but I can't say I'm surprised at being absolutely tonked with a midfield of Milner, Elliott and Fabinho.

Also, just to quote myself from the other day (especially the bolded):

On 04/09/2022 at 14:26, Gabe said:

I'm not even frustrated about it really. This has been an issue bubbling away for a while and I said before the start of last season I wondered how much more the team had to give (so I appreciated everything that happened last season because it was so unexpected and unprecedented), so at some point I felt we would see a dip and the trick was always going to be whether that was temporary or permanent. We shall see over the course of the season, but a poor result in the CL this week will cause the little whispers to increase.

I do think there will be more noise about whether Klopp has gone as far as he can, and comparisons to how Dortmund fell apart (different scenario, but the media won't care.) The best way to answer critics is of course on the pitch, but that isn't happening either.

Obviously he shouldn't go, but clearly something is up with the squad and this is a real test for them all. Some tough games coming up too - Wolves, Chelsea, Brighton, Arsenal & Man City. Who would wager when the next win will come out of that lot (if at all)?

8 hours ago, Hamus said:

Liverpool could be in trouble this week.

Away tonight and then having to play on Saturday too?

May be worth a cheeky punt on a couple of losses! Then if all goes badly at least you're covered :D

I hope your got your bets down!

Salah can fuck off? Really? Really? 

Everyone has been dreadful all over the pitch. Elliot the only positive again. 

But we are in a bad patch. Still not as bad as previous eras in the 90s and 10s 

Let this be our low point and use it to push on. 

I'd be looking at a system change that gets Trent away from being exposed going backwards and has us defend a bit deeper. We need another right back ready to come in but I'd go 

Allisson 

Trent - Matip - Van Dijk - Robertson. 

Fabinho - Thiago 

Elliott-Firmino-Diaz 

Nunez 

Or move Elliot inside for Bobby and Salah in right. 

Allows us to play deeper, protects the defence and utilise Thiago's passing. 

Get a right back in and you can even move Trent forward into Salah's position and Salah can play in any of those forward positions too.

Lots that can be done with what we already have. 

10 minutes ago, Pikkewyn said:

Or you know, Klopp can take some responsibility for this shit. He's become an untouchable in the minds of our fans, but fuck him for fucking as tactically in first half of games. 

Salah can fuck off as well.

Well yeah, but he ain't the guy on the pitch that is playing absolutely horrifically (along with a lot of em).

I see Gomez is off.

4 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Diaz is such an enjoyable player to watch.  Quality and never gives up.

He needs to be the example to the rest of the team. Doesn't matter who you are that should be your work rate.