Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

It's weird, suddenly this seems to be a thing.  Of course there has always been time wasting and you know if you play someone like Atletico Madrid it's a definite, but the beginning of this season loads of teams are doing it much more than usual.  Refs don't deal with it quick enough.  Book goalies early on for wasting time, don't 'token' book them at the end of the game.  Stop all the pretend cramping up by simply telling them to play on.  It's such a frustrating watch.

59 minutes the ball was in play for in the Newcastle match.  That's just plain wrong.

3 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

It's weird, suddenly this seems to be a thing.  Of course there has always been time wasting and you know if you play someone like Atletico Madrid it's a definite, but the beginning of this season loads of teams are doing it much more than usual.  Refs don't deal with it quick enough.  Book goalies early on for wasting time, don't 'token' book them at the end of the game.  Stop all the pretend cramping up by simply telling them to play on.  It's such a frustrating watch.

59 minutes the ball was in play for in the Newcastle match.  That's just plain wrong.

59 minutes is actually above average for the Premier League!

Tbh I think anyone cramping should get one chance and then no more stoppages, either you’re fit to play or you need to be subbed off. We can’t cater the game around managing one player’s fitness. 

1 minute ago, dizogg said:

Tbh I think anyone cramping should get one chance and then no more stoppages, either you’re fit to play or you need to be subbed off. We can’t cater the game around managing one player’s fitness. 

That's a decent idea to be fair.

2 hours ago, dizogg said:

I dunno, seems football in general in play time is 55-65 mins, it’s just the nature of the sport. 

Maybe. I can understand anything between 60-70 but under 60 mins surely means one team is slowing the game down to ridiculous degrees.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this.  Interesting line up!

Cramp isn't an injury. It's like stopping the match to let someone go off for a piss. How unfit are Newcastle that half their team were affected?

Everton will absolutely shithouse for all they are worth today, and you can guarantee that the ref won't help us in any way. I expect to see Darwin upended the first time he gets within a yard of the ball, and rabid bitters cheering it with the ref shrinking away. I want to see Frankie the Tory moan like mad on MOTD tonight!

COME ON YOU REDS! 

18 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I really want to like Darwin, but can't help wishing we'd kept Origi even if just for this match.

I just see Andy Carroll. Half-expecting Stewart Downing to ping in a forlorn cross to him at the back post.

Clearly offside, but nobody would have cared if it stood. Just amazed at how long it took them to work it out. Right decision reached, but as soon as the lines appear I, for one, have long since stopped caring.

Now the ball has been in our net, maybe we'll finally do what we're so very capable of? We should be leading already.