glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

Hahah @kempstar you look so star struck, it's great.

Missed opportunity if you didn't ask for a hug.

:lol:

I was mate, it was absolutely brilliant. I did not even think to ask for a Klopp Hug!!!

4 hours ago, kempstar said:

I was mate, it was absolutely brilliant. I did not even think to ask for a Klopp Hug!!!

I can tell that you’re already regretting that decision ;)

7 hours ago, bradigor said:

Did you tell him that Pockets has a ton of advice for him? ;)

I assume he already reads this thread or why would I bother?

• Upvote 1

So the FA has announced that Firmino will not be charged over the racism allegation. Predictably, they also made sure to point out that they believe Holgate made the claim in 'absolute good faith'. I'd love to know how they came to that conclusion as, on the surface, it appears quite ridiculous. 

Bobby's statement on the issue was pretty good and demonstrated more understanding of the problem than anything else I've read about it since the incident occurred. 

Well, yeah. It's easier because nobody will say anything about it - because it's easier. And because racism is such a loaded subject and the majority of people involved in football are ignorant. The FA don't care about racism, they just care about being perceived to not care about it. 

40 minutes ago, dogsout said:

Well, yeah. It's easier because nobody will say anything about it - because it's easier. And because racism is such a loaded subject and the majority of people involved in football are ignorant. The FA don't care about racism, they just care about being perceived to not care about it. 

Aye, completely agree.

23 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Is assume Holgate doesn't understand Portuguese so perhaps thought what was said to him was racist hence them saying it was made in good faith. 

Can you explain your thought process here?

My thoughts are he was worried the push might get him a red card so panicked and said Firmino was racist to him. Of course there is no way of proving that and if Holgate says he thought Firmino said something racist then it’s hard to disprove.

This is his 15 minutes of fame anyway, something to tell his grandkids about.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dogsout said:

But that's ridiculous. If he doesn't understand Portuguese why would it be reasonable for him to assume Firmino said something racist? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Maybe he's faced racial abuse in similar situations in the past so jumped to the wrong conclusion? 

The FA took statements from something like a dozen players and the ref. They also brought in two seperate lip readers and an expert on Portugese/Brazilian language. They accepted Firminos account of what was said but also seemed to accept that Holgate could have honestly mistaken that for some form of racial abuse. 

I don't see any problem with the statement they released. Only criticism I'd have is that you'd think the investigation shouldn't have taken so long. 

• Upvote 2

You really believe this delay has been caused by a thorough investigation? How long do you think it would take to review all of the evidence? They've just waited for it to die down and then swept it under the carpet.

• Upvote 3

Hello lads,

long shot, anyone know of any spares for tomorrow, I failed to obtain my allocation and could do with at least a couple more tickets?

any ideas? i have run out of options, which is a first, sadly...

your help would be much appreciated!