Liverpool Football Club Thread - Home of the Curlett Cup Winners

4 minutes ago, Gabe said:

What could Jose have possibly been moaning about at the end?

I didn’t notice it, but BBC saying Henderson blocked Dier off at the corner Firminho scored from. I heard them say there was a VAR review on the commentary but didn’t say what for. Presume it’s that. No complaints - you have to take your chances against a side as good as Liverpool or they will punish you.

I thought the team were dominant tonight without creating any incisive chances.

Rhys Williams made 3 mistakes, one created the goal and the other two led to the Bergwijn chances. He is very young so it's not fair to lay it all at his feet and they won so it'll be forgotten.

Anyone see Alexander Arnold's nutmeg?

“So close to winning. We missed chances; we had the game under control. A draw would have been a bad result given our performance, so you can imagine how we feel with the defeat. It’s a very, very unfair result. We had the best chances and we were brilliant. It didn’t look like a team that was world champions playing against [an ordinary team]. At the end of the season we will see where we are. We have not been together for a long time and to be able to do what we did was fantastic. The result is the most important thing and it is terrible.

“I told [Jurgen Klopp] the best team lost. He disagreed and that’s his opinion. By the way, if I behave the way he does on the touchline, I am [sent off] a minute later. [He was animated…] Come on, that’s animated? That’s animated? Do you want me to take the board with the added time from the fourth official’s hands and see what happens to me? For some reason I am different, <Brent face> and that’s sad</Brent face>.”

Poor victimised Mourinho, you have to feel for him you really do.

God, I love Klopp. His delight when Shearer asked him about Williams and Jones - he reacted exactly like they were his own kids.

And of course he spent the entire first half of the interview complimenting Spurs, as if the contrast with Maureen needed to be made any more apparent.

4 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Because I couldn't get time game itself to work, I had this on. It was perfect.

In fairness to him he continued on his statement with "apart from that one"  as the ball went in without missing a beat.

What a fantastic winning goal that was from Bobby :wub: 

You could see how much it meant to him and you could also see how much it meant to the club to win this. They know Spurs are title contenders and knew it was necessary to take them down a peg or two.

Well played boys.

I don't think that will "take them down a peg or two," if anything it is likely to galvanise them ("We were robbed", etc). Regardless, they are looking good this season but as both Klopp and Hendo said though, the team just need to look out for themselves and not care about what other teams are doing.

14 hours ago, Gabe said:

What was the stuff about Klopp he was going on about though, I missed the first half?

It seemed to be more about Pep grabbing the clock from the forth official the day before but also referenced Klopp being overly (in his opinion) animated and doing the poor me routine that if he does anything however small he gets punished.  One of the pundits tried to bring it up but its been lost and the story has become Jose vs Jugen.

Did anyone who watched the game feel that Kane faked the effects of the head bang to take all the tempo out of the game?  There was alot of falling over with no proper contact (but not quite diving) from Spurs, as well as claiming a drop ball despite Liverpool being in possesion when the game was stopped.  They really have turned up the 'gamesmanship' at Spurs, made me let out a cheer when Liverpool scored late because of it.

21 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Did anyone who watched the game feel that Kane faked the effects of the head bang to take all the tempo out of the game?  There was alot of falling over with no proper contact (but not quite diving) from Spurs, as well as claiming a drop ball despite Liverpool being in possesion when the game was stopped.  They really have turned up the 'gamesmanship' at Spurs, made me let out a cheer when Liverpool scored late because of it.

I felt this all night, and am particularly pleased that it led to our winner. If Dier had simply stayed on his feet, he might have been able to get to Bobby. But, as Spurs were seemingly playing under instruction to fall to the floor whenever the chance presented itself, he was on his backside instead of marking his man. Live by the soft foul, you'll also die by it.

Wore my LFC mask in Tesco the other night, two of the staff saw it and started banging on about Kane and Son and this and that. I don't really need anything from Tesco but I'm going to pop down today and strut down every aisle until they cry into their crates of potatoes.

Vibez.

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread - Home of the Curlett Cup Winners