Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Poor tonight, looked like they weren't too bothered about the result. I understand why tonight wasn't a priority, but it means we have to go at it next week, and I always feel robbed when I watch a game that we have no real intention of winning.

Atalanta were good though, set up solidly and the 2 goals were well worked.

Yeah we were poor, just too slow and could not get that needle-threaded pass through their defence. We gave away so many balls, I thought Neco Williams played a bad game, gave away too many balls and did not drive the team forward to create crossing opportunities unlike Tsimikas who had a better game.

Anyhow the fixtures keep coming thick and fast we go to see how Adam is doing at Brighton.

Feels like 5 minutes since we last played. My girlfriend was shocked when I headed upstairs, "Didn't they just play the other night?" 

Klopp definitely has a point, but because it's Liverpool making it all the other supporters won't be getting behind it. Maybe when all teams are playing their tealadies because there are no players left, that's when they'll listen. Good to see Minamino getting a start, Mane probably needs the rest!

17 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Should be 1 down, lucky there. Williams and Phillips have been awful so far. Phillips I'll give the benefit of the doubt, but Williams is a liability every time I see him.

Too many people were bigging him up at the end of last season saying we didn't need to buy anybody, but he's still a kid learning his trade and, at the moment, I don't think this situation is helpful for him. He's looked poor on most occasions so far. 

9 minutes ago, Paulando said:

It’s great how they can put a pixel-perfect line on the end of a foot, on some footage that looks like a 480p DiVX from 1998.

It's come a long way since it failed to spot Jordan Pickford launching himself at van Dijk's knee.

Just saying.

Obviously doesn’t make him immune from criticism, but he’s playing at the highest level possible at an age when many players his age are so far from the spotlight they need a torch to see where they’re going.

4 minutes ago, glb said:

Just saying.

Obviously doesn’t make him immune from criticism, but he’s playing at the highest level possible at an age when many players his age are so far from the spotlight they need a torch to see where they’re going.

That's exactly my point - he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team yet and I really hope it doesn't impact his development. It's not his fault he's been thrown in at the deep, after all.