Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

6 minutes ago, sprite said:

I put Mane in my Fantasy team over Salah.

doh

Same here, based on having Salah throughout the first month of last season when Mane was banging them in. There's still plenty of time, though, our chances are far from over.

This match showing exactly what Henderson brings, but also how much we get from Fabinho. 

5 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Salah loves a season opener. Klopp should get him hypnotised before every game to believe it’s the start of a new season. Would end it with 70 goals. 

Yeah Mo, it’s a shocking cold snap. Snow in August again! Who’d have thought? Climate change I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Pockets said:

We’ve been rubbish defensively since winning the league. 

Yes, I was one of the people concerned by the middling form carrying into this season. Van Dijk has now made a few mistakes leading to goals and it's not great.

I do think part of it could be a lack of real competition for places. Maybe we can’t get huge names for whatever reason but when the bench, for many positions, is talented youngsters or known second stringers it’s not exactly keeping people on their toes when they’ve already got medals in their pockets. 

Leeds have been second best for a lot of this game but have looked so much hungrier for every chance they’ve had and deserve what they’ve got. 

3 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Fuck off that was a foul for VVDs goal then. Their player turns, trips over and because it was close to Jones its a foul. Nah.

Reason goal wasn't given is because I had money on VvD getting a brace <_<

I've always been of the opinion that any team scoring 3 goals away from home should be taking points, so Leeds can feel a little hard done by.

Our possession stats were well down on a more normal game too, weren't they? That to me signals something isn't clicking yet too (ignoring the defensive errors.) 

Still, 3 points is 3 points so yay. 

The first side with a competent defence we face is going to beat us. It's just like last season with a weak defence, Firmino's final ball not sure working and shot after shot being blocked. But Leeds are a good side and will be difficult for everyone so I'm happy to get away with three points and beating United in the penalties table already.

Apparently the first penalty shouldn't have been given because it deflected off the defenders thigh which changed the trajectory before it hit the arm. If Mike Oliver didn't see it VAR should have done and overturned the award. 

14 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

#LiVARpool trending on Twitter. YES! Delicious salty opposition fans tears.

Hahah this is brilliant, I remember when lockdown started and we were all like “remember when all we had to moan about was VAR?” And now ‘we’ are back moaning about VAR. yay!!!! :wub: 

28 minutes ago, ryodi said:

The first side with a competent defence we face is going to beat us. It's just like last season with a weak defence, Firmino's final ball not sure working and shot after shot being blocked. But Leeds are a good side and will be difficult for everyone so I'm happy to get away with three points and beating United in the penalties table already.

The xG for the game was 3.15 vs 0.27.

Sure our defence has been making mistakes it wasnt making for most of last season but every team has also been scoring pretty much every shot vs us too since lockdown - that cant keep happening.

What an amazing start to the season - we really seem to just be able to win whatever happens.