Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Brighton have played really well and probably shaded that half, despite currently losing. We've looked pretty open at the back and have nearly been caught out a few times. Not keen on Williams at left back, either.

We took our foot off the gas when we were 2 up, and should have killed them off. Williams is doing well going forwards, but he's clearly not a left-back. Far too much room for the cross to come in, but that doesn't take anything away from the finish.

We'll pick it back up, get another goal or two, hopefully early enough to let Elliot get a good run out. 

My pre season bet was us to win the league with Salah as the leagues top scorer, so I could do with I’m banging a few more in. 

“Liverpool would have wanted to take a leaf out of Man United’s book...”

Nob off Tyler you boring old twat.

5 minutes ago, glb said:

“Liverpool would have wanted to take a leaf out of Man United’s book...”

Nob off Tyler you boring old twat.

Yeah I noticed that, then talking about how City had another good day. 

I so wish we were doing as well as both of those :lol:

Right?! The City comment was weird, imagine they couldn’t give two shits about watching us, unless their next game is going to be worth 23 points...

1 minute ago, glb said:

Right?! The City comment was weird, imagine they couldn’t give two shits about watching us, unless their next game is going to be worth 23 points...

The way we've lost titles in the past... It wouldn't surprise me!

Gomez booked for something that happens to Salah 10 times per match. The way defenders are given free reign to manhandle him really does frustrate me, but if he ever dare actually go down then he's pilloried as the worst cheat in the world. 

A better and more controlled second half and another 3 points notched up. I'm pleased that Keita has looked good in the last couple of games, it will give us another option in midfield and some competition there.

Good performance could and should have scored more. Impressed by the 19 yr old Brighton right back.

I am sure Mane gets the most decisions against him in the league yellow card was harsh.

Nick Pope has been brilliant. Shame he’ll miss out on a very deserved ovation from the Kop when he runs towards it second half.

I miss that little tradition.

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Tell you what. Jones is going to be some player isn't he. Him and Trent int he team for the next decade is a scary thought. 

Players like him might end up being Klopp’s other legacy; he clearly thinks highly of certain types of players and is phasing in a small crop that could all be first teamers for the next decade. Very excited to see how Williams, Jones and Elliot all develop.

Yeah, he'd deserve that. 

I wonder what happens with Pope going forward. He'll be England No1 and I am sure a Spurs or someone will come in for him, but he seems to be in the best place with Burnley at the moment. 

1 minute ago, glb said:

Players like him might end up being Klopp’s other legacy; he clearly thinks highly of certain types of players and is phasing in a small crop that could all be first teamers for the next decade. Very excited to see how Williams, Jones and Elliot all develop.

Yeah, 100% this. 

Jones just seems to want the ball, commands the ball and the ball in return seems to want him.