rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Not a great start from Liverpool, if they don't get their act together soon, Arsenal will win this. 

One disallowed and two hit the post. The way Arsenal are playing I can't see Liverpool keeping a clean sheet so they need to convert the chances.

Don't think Leno was to blame, the defender stuck his foot out and the deflection sent it to Milner.

Fair result... But will now be playing catch up. Maybe United will do us a favour. 

A point away to Arsenal looks decent on paper but a goal wrongfully disallowed and hitting the woodwork twice makes it feel like that's 2 points dropped. 

Wish Cech was playing, would have been 3 or 4 goals up. 

Man City are going to steamroller Arsenal when they meet so I see it as two points dropped. It’s good to remain undefeated in the league but Liverpool still haven’t got going while City are winning with room to spare so I’d say this is the end of what was briefly a title race.

34 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Bad goalkeeping from the Arsenal keeper. Alisson did something similar in the first half but got lucky. 

Both goals were goal keeper errors, not full on howlers but an entertaining match all round.

21 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Both goals were goal keeper errors, not full on howlers but an entertaining match all round.

I don't think the Arsenal goal was a goal keeping error,l it was our defence falling asleep that caused that. Alisson had to come for it cause the defence didn't react to the through ball. Either way it was a shit defensive display all around.

Poor performance, I think Trent Alexander Arnold is going through a patch of bad form right now. He struggled throughout the game.

With the wrongly disallowed goal and hitting the post twice I think Liverpool made the better chances.

30 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

I don't think the Arsenal goal was a goal keeping error,l it was our defence falling asleep that caused that. Alisson had to come for it cause the defence didn't react to the through ball. Either way it was a shit defensive display all around.

Yeah, poor choice rather than error - he didn’t need to ‘dive in’ as such and should have stood his ground - was a good finish but keeper in no mans land.

4 hours ago, ryodi said:

Man City are going to steamroller Arsenal when they meet so I see it as two points dropped. It’s good to remain undefeated in the league but Liverpool still haven’t got going while City are winning with room to spare so I’d say this is the end of what was briefly a title race.

City have already played Arsenal at the Emirates and won 2-0, so in that sense it is definitely two points dropped. But who knows - we might not draw away at Wolves like they did. I still think we will have a close title race given our defence is so tight and our strikers still haven’t properly hit top form yet. 

Not if you look at the comments he made after the first game.

I imagine he was told he wouldn't be going. He probably agrees with it because it'd create a massive circus around his appearance rather than the rest of the fixture.