Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

30 minutes in, I was wondering why I'd tuned in and subjected myself to this torture. But a bit of riding our luck, some excellent defending, and some ruthless finishing, and suddenly we're comfortably seeing out the last 20 minutes, cruising into the SFs.

I thought we were magnificent for two halves (first at Anfield, second here) and surprisingly solid for the other two halves. Completely deserved in the end.

We're in the semi finals of the CL, bloody hell thats amazing. Klopps project is working, the progression over the last 2 years is evident. Hopefully the boy can win it for him. To think some idiots wanted Klopp out earlier this season :rolleyes:

Oh and we beat City in both legs, 5-1 overall when no one gave us a chance. That makes the win even better.

I was feeling sick early on and it looked like they would eventually break us... have to say though we stood firm and turned the game around. I felt relaxed after the first goal and enjoyed the rest of the game. 

Tactical masterstroke from the backroom staff... Spotting the runs Sane was making and changing the way we played him to keep him running offside. 

Pep’s ref whinging, however justified, just makes me think less of him. Always think managers seem a bit odd when they go on beyond a cursory ‘I thought it was wrong but these things happen’ kind of comment. Ferguson did it effectively I suppose and Mourinho and Pep seem to think it works for them, clearly. Just always think it seems a bit weak. 

Anyway. How do we think Salah would be against Roma? Point to prove or maybe not want to go too hard on them as his former club? Would like them or Bayern, who I think are overrated. 

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

How do we think Salah would be against Roma? Point to prove or maybe not want to go too hard on them as his former club? Would like them or Bayern, who I think are overrated. 

He would score a few and then apologise at the end of the game like he's done before.   

Looking back, that was ridiculously tense for a 5-1 aggregate score at the end.

That was a, hard hard watch last night until Salah sumptuously chipped in!. 

Fair play City are a ridiculous team, they have exceptional players and play great football but last night was a step too far for them. That formation would have worked against others but proved to be a bit daft to play against the top scorers of the champions league. They had to go for it though due to how good Liverpool were at stopping them having a shot on target in the first game.

They also used Sane FAR TOO muchin both games.  Trent-Arnold Arnold nullified his attacking prowess again last night and was exceptional in the two legs along with our whole defence. 

Bring on the semis, Real, Roma or Bayern, I don't care who as I hadn't expected to get this far and we are capable of beating all.