Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

6 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Done and dusted. Theres no way boro are scoring 3 goals. 

Back in the Champions League, let's hope we make a better go of it this time than we did a few years back under Rodgers.

We need to get through a qualifying round first...

Under Rodgers we lost Suarez and brought in too many players with just 'potential', that campaign was embarrassing. Would love to just make it to the knock outs to erase those memories. Need some established quality coming in, hopefully FSG have learned from their mistakes. 

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

I'm confident we'll be ok

Read we'll be seeded, which is a boon because there are some tricky sides with us in the 4th qualifying round.

1 hour ago, sinky72 said:

Congratulations.  Good luck in both Premiership and Champions league.

Fair play lad, good luck to Boro next season, hopefully you see a bit more verve and excitement at the Riverside next season.

If we had Barca in the qualifiers I'd lump house savings on a 6-0 aggregate win. Going on current form CSKA Moscow or similar would be a nervy, edgy 2-1 AET (not necessarily in our favour) ;)

Nah, it's a solid achievement to finish in the top four, and hopefully now Klopp gets to eat some frogs so we sign the players we're after and the team swaggers through the Big Cup gates where we meet Ajax in the group stages...

On 2017-5-15 at 17:54, Oh Danny Boy said:

Why inevitable? Coutinho has never ever indicated he wants to leave. And the club won't bend over. No point in getting into the champions league and then selling your best player aka Suarez, that didn't work out well, I'm sure that the club has since learned from its mistakes 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-transfer-news-philippe-coutinho-future-wont-leave-for-barcelona-real-madrid-a7749596.html

8 hours ago, FATEone said:

I always take these things with a pinch of salt. Big money always changes things. He's right though and it's great that he thinks like that. He's been pushing John Barnes for my favourite player title and they're about level right now. 

Transfer news!

tumblr_mvfp8gWB381s0abggo1_400.gif

Liverpool to sign Dominic Solanke after striker turns back on Chelsea

• Highly-rated England youth international to cost Anfield club £2m-£3m
• 19-year-old rejected new Chelsea deal due to lack of opportunities

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/30/liverpool-to-sign-dominic-solanke-after-striker-turns-back-on-chelsea-england

Read Tor Andre Flo's opinion on him a couple of years back and he sounds like the kind of player who would fit Klopp's system.

Never seen him play and know anything about him though so hopefully we'll get to see it. I think he is playing for England U20 tomorrow afternoon.

Don't know anything about the kid, but hopefully he comes good. Although in recent years this has been the sort of signing that we all forgot he had signed for us until we see we've released them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can attract some developed players to come right into the team, rather than loading up on potential again.

I assume Danny Ings and Markovic will leave in the summer. I wouldn't be surprised of Markovic goes to Huddersfield and Ings will go anywhere just to escape Liverpool which has been disastrous for him.

I thought Ings would have been a good squad player when we signed him. It's a shame for the lad that he got crocked early on and then again when he was just starting to get fit again.

If he does go this summer I'd wish him all the best and hope he can get back to the sort of form he showed at Burnley.

The club gave Flanagan a chance to recover from the injury so they may well do the same with Ings. Klopp said in the past he would be given the opportunity to recover too.

I think he gets at least until January if not the whole of next season to prove himself. He is the kind of player who could be useful to Klopp.