rllmuk

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

I thought that was a harsh yellow card, that was more of a final warning tackle than a definite yellow. Although after all of Gus Poyets complaining got Coutinho a booking in the first half I have no sympathy for Sunderland that he did get the second yellow.

Hard fought win and deserved in the end. Thought we looked excellent in the first half and having a mobile striker up front makes all the difference. Markovic is becoming a very good player, liked what I've seen of him since hid sending off against Based. Coutinho too is back in form but he can't really shoot! :lol:

Pretty comfortable, really, and worth the win I thought. Good to see Markovic starting to get a consistent run in the team and also delivering in terms of performance. Pretty much positives all around today, a win, clean sheet, looked relatively comfortable defensively, passed the ball well, created some decent openings (though our shooting was a bit off).

Still think Borini is useless though.

I thought the defence loooked a lot shakier in the 2nd half when lovern came on - he really doesn't look like his head is in the right space - trying too hard and subsequently making mistakes and being out of position.

Sakho is looking more comfortable every passing game.

So Ibe has been recalled from his loan and apparently we've started talks about getting Origin in this month.

Wouldn't mind giving Ibe a chance this weekend, had hoped we'd use him this season. Unless we're recalling him to sell elsewhere. Or sending to Lille in exchange of Origi?

Though on the subject of recalling strikers from their loan I saw Aspas scored last night.. Jus' sayin... j2Xil.gif

Oh and saw the apparent leaked photos of next seasons kits. So boring, why is it New Balance now and not Warrior? They the same company? Where's the crazy kit design gone. :(

I cant believe Ayre even countenanced the idea of Gerrard coming back on loan, he will be older and been playing in a crap league.

I really hope the rumours of Lucas being chased by Inter coming to nothing because he has been excellent since he got back into the team.

I'd be disappointed if Origi is the only movement we see in terms of strikers this month, partly because he's hardly done much in a worse league and partly because bringing him back now puts a lot of undue pressure on him. No matter what anybody at the club says, everybody will know that an early recall is purely because he will be expected to score goals, and I don't think that's fair to put on a young kid.

I do admit that I have only seen the guy during the WC, where I commented at the time that whilst he is mobile, his decision-making and finishing were both very raw (again, to be expected for a kid). I just hope he doesn't crumble under the expectation.

Balo not in the squad and Borini starts again. Unless Balo is injured he is seriously out of favour, we desperately need a striker this window.

Todays game...Villa are shit but they've been shit for the past three seasons yet regularly get results against us. We are the only team they seem to be able to play against, so I'm not confident.

• gospvg changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20