rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

So who's everyone hoping for in January, then? Realistically I mean. I reckon Ochoa and Bony are good shouts. Obviously I'd love Cech but lol.

Ochoa for the rumoured price sounds right up our street. Says it all about our transfer committee type thing though!

If Borini leaves and the money is spent on Bony then I'm ok with that. I'm not convinced though he'd suit our newly re-found high tempo pressing game. Quality player to be fair.

You can't really see anything else happening beyond a forward and keeper.

Cold water poured on any talk of a deal for Ochoa by Tor Kristian Karlson, sounds like it's just rumour from his perspective. Apparently the Argentina keeper Romero runs out of contract in the summer, is he any significant upgrade on Mignolet? We definitely need a new keeper but I can't think of who's available. I'd like to see a bid go in for Jackson Martinez, reckon he'd fit well into the attack along side Sturridge or on his own when Sturridge inevitably gets injured again.

Jackson Martinez is 28 with an estimated value of £40 million. I don't see that one happening. We are probably just better off exploring a way of getting Origi in now.

Aren't the Russian (and Russian owned) clubs having some financial problems at the moment due to the Russian economy. Can we use that to get players from such teams at decent prices. My knowledge of that league is poor but there's Hulk, Doumbia and Valbuena that I'd take. Akinfeev for GK. Or Cech if Roman is needing to re-coup some losses.

No confidence at all that we'll get anything today, which is kinda sad.

Love to be proved wrong though! Come on!!!

That was Arsenal's second shot on target wasn't it. Honestly how can the defending be so hopeless, I half expect Arsenal to run away with it in the second half because they can't be that bad again.

Sakho's back! I know I'm the only member of the Unofficial Mamadou Sakho Fan Club, but it's made me very happy.

I love him too, he'd be my first choice at centre back every game.

Markovic playing well, huge improvement from him in the last two weeks

Up until Phil scored it was a good half. Then it became an excellent half - then it became gutting.

Arsenal have been as terrible as we've been good, though we clearly miss having a cutting edge up front. Still, all you're thinking is just keep it that way going into half time and then Wenger has to make some decisions to try and get something. Instead, their team talk will be much more upbeat now and you expect they will take a lot of belief from that real goal out of nothing. It's disappointing that once again we are totally useless at defending a set-piece, though. I've said many times before that Skrtel isn't good enough and once again he's culpable (though attacking the first ball wasn't good enough either).

There are positives, though, and if Rodgers can take the good from that half and lift the team then you never know.

Well that was expected I guess. We are just far, far too easy to break through.

I wonder if we have enough about us to claw something from a game we should be comfortable in?

Stevie nearly busting out his slipping-on-yer-arse special move there.

Seems to me that while Borini is clearly not the answer to all of our problems, he's not awful and his energy gives us something at the very least. I find it impossible to believe he would have achieved less given Balotelli's minutes on the pitch, for example.

Edit: lol

Stevie nearly busting out his slipping-on-yer-arse special move there.

Seems to me that while Borini is clearly not the answer to all of our problems, he's not awful and his energy gives us something at the very least. I find it impossible to believe he would have achieved less given Balotelli's minutes on the pitch, for example.

Edit: lol

Well ignoring the stupid sending-off, he's just not good enough, full stop. Balotelli has shown elsewhere that he has real talent. Not for us, mind, but with Italy, Man City and Milan.

Anyway, that's a draw that still feels like a defeat. The worrying thing is how we still only drew against an Arsenal side playing that badly. Coutinho really can't finish, Sterling had some great opportunities but his decision-making was poor and we are rubbish defensively.

The positives, though, are that Markovic started to look a bit more settled, Lallana continues to look bright and creative, Henderson was much improved over recent performances and Toure and Sakho were relatively solid. I wonder if Rodgers will stick with that formation for a bit?

I can't help but feel that Jones could have done much better with their goals, and with Mignolet we would have done better again. Not that Mignolet is good enough either, mind.

Anyway, that's a draw that still feels like a defeat.

disagree but it might be because of 5 pints of lager....but 95th minute goal with 10 men didn't feel like a defeat to me

Well that was my instant reaction based on the control we had on the game and sheer number (if not quality) of our chances. If only so many hadn't fallen to Coutinho then maybe we would be celebrating a very accomplished win.

I do think we can take much more positivity from that than Arsenal, though. This team must start building on that type of performance, as well as being much more ruthless in front of goal.

Think even Mignolet would have saved at least 1, if not both, of the goals Arsenal scored.

Stupidity from Borini but I did like the energy and urgency he brought to the game, and came close with the headed chance. Not the answer to our striking needs mind.

I'm quite liking the back three of Kolo, Skrts and Sakho, would keep that going a while longer, just wish it was in front of a capable keeper.

To be fair, playing Jones for a few weeks is a masterplan in terms of talking the pressure off Ming; there is literally no way he can look bad in comparison when he returns.

Having just watched motd, all I can say is what awful defending for Arsenal's second goal but what a header from Skrtel!! Why oh why can we not defend though??

I think blaming Jones for the goals is insane. Skittles got out jumped by a midget for the first and ran into no mans land leaving his man open for the second.