PS3 Firmware 4.45 bricking consoles - DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE

nfx

I'm on 4.41. The PS+ automatic update feature didn't pick up any new firmware last night and a manual check on the PS3 also said I was already on the latest firmware. I'm guessing Sony already pulled this version from the servers.

Sony: We not only laugh at protecting your privacy (PSN hack), but we've also got our own answer to that 24 hour check-in requirement. If you can't turn your box on, you're not going to be playing any of those dastardly second hand games.

I think this is my main worry with the ps4 as main console - they're just not very good at modern OS software or quality control. See also TLOU's "we configured our servers wrong for a single player game" problem.

Sony: We not only laugh at protecting your privacy (PSN hack), but we've also got our own answer to that 24 hour check-in requirement. If you can't turn your box on, you're not going to be playing any of those dastardly second hand games.

I think this is my main worry with the ps4 as main console - they're just not very good at modern OS software or quality control. See also TLOU's "we configured our servers wrong for a single player game" problem.

Ive had a fuckton lot less issues with sony platforms this gen than ms, fifa hacked, rrod three times.

Amazing scenes from the Microsoft Defence Force :lol:

I'm just happy that I can play my PS3 offline if needs be when such things happen and that it isn't bricked either way :P

Well tbf to them they have taken a beating these past few weeks. And it is shit if this is happening but ive read all the threads on this and ive only seen one say it bricked so about normal for a firmware update.

I still think it all pales into insignificance compared to the zealotry between the spacdrum and the c64 ...

Oh and the poor bloodied corpses of the odd Amstrad 464, bbc b, electron and Atari 800 zealots who were even more fervent and misguided.

And that "special relationship" with EA (where EA get your live details from MS so they can link your GT on their servers) definitely has nothing to do with the account hackings on Live. They were ALL social engineering hacks. Definitely.

And of course, MS have such a grand history in the OS market. Windows 8 at the core of the Xbox One? What could possibly go wrong!

Hmmm could be a bit worrying I have mine set to update overnight and I've put a bigger HDD in but I didn't switch it on yesterday so maybe I've got a brick waiting at home for me.

Edit just saw Brads post so maybe not :)

Kinda worried; I have my PS3 set to auto-update between 4am and 6am, so it probably has the dodgy FW.

Mine is set to auto update and i have a upgraded 500gb hdd in it, just turned it on - got a summary of the various patches it had got and saves put online but it works.

It's on 4.41

thread needs a (public*) poll, so we can gauge how many PS3s "we" lost last night.

I bet it's not many

* so the xboners can't skew the vote, obvs.

Mine's presumably ok, but then I'm not subscribed to PSN+ and my router has a bug that means it tends to drop connection overnight.

Anyone comparing the FIFA/EA hack to the wholesale compromise of PSN accounts and month offline == bigger fanboy than me.