Football thread 2013/14 season

Naysonymous

Hopefully sooner rather than later, I think Garcia or Mackay would do a good job, biased but I would love to see Rafa back in the premier league.

At this point in time, anyone would probably be good just to give out some good news vibes.

QOfOw4a.jpg

:(

How can he bring goals and assists from the bench? And who gives a toss about how happy his family is :lol:

"I don't want to put a figure on how many but I would rather have one or two absolute top players than seven that might not help us."

On what planet doesn't he help Liverpool?

They have pretty much no backup to their current strike partnership, which being highly successful you'd be a fool to break-up. As an option off the bench, injury cover or proving an other option in certain games he should be a good signing for them.

If they were signing a backup fullback or centre half you might have had a point.

Is Thomas Tuchel not being linked with the Saints job at all?

He took Mainz to the bundesliga and kept them there over four seasons (5th, 13th, 13th, 7th) with a tiny budget and without many big stars - and those he did have like Schurrle left. He's just left the club and is apparently interested in coaching abroad. He's meant to have a very pragmatic approach as well which might be good for a Southampton team that probably doesn't know what personnel it will be left with after the summer.

Weird film. It would presumably end with a shot of Lambert sitting glumly on the bench. Or maybe of his heavily-splintered arse, if it was a Seth Rogan film.

I was thinking coming on to score in the cup final/title decider myself but nevermind.

Also he used to work in a beetroot factory so theres that.

turgid performance. why do England never play at a decent tempo?

Lallana did okay, he tried to make things happen. Sturridge did nothing except for scoring an excellent goal. Welbeck was really disappointing, he did nothing of use at all. Johnson looks like a real problem, he's not up to it anymore. HArt made some good saves. Sterling looked quite lively. Wilshire looked the best of the central midfielders we have in his cameo.

hmm, we're not exactly looking like contenders on this showing. Peru were a bit unlucky and the scoreline was harsh on them. at least our centre backs are in good goalscoring form, i suppose.

To be fair, it's 13 days until the World Cup and everyone's going to be desperate not to get injured.

We played okay and won 3-0 against a very average team.

I don't think we'll win the World Cup but I'm gad we're taking quite a few young'uns.