Football thread 2013/14 season

Naysonymous

Fans in Spain don't really travel much. Not sure why,

The transport infrastructure is fucking dismal, it takes forever to get anywhere plus the erratic and often unknown to the last second scheduling of the games doesn't help in the slightest either.

I would have liked to see Hull win it, but Arsenal were the much better side after the first 10 minutes and were fair value for the victory.

Wenger has already said this is a turning point for his the team, but I still don't see them winning anything else unless they make some investment over the Summer.

All the relegation stuff is being settled in Spain today. Osasuna went one up against Betis but a barrier has collapsed behind the goal and some people have been injured. The match is stopped while they try to fix the problem and get people treatment and La Liga officials are considering suspending play in the other matches. Never a dull moment in Spain.

Good to see Cambridge United return to the football league to have all their good players bought by big clubs again. Troubling for me as now I don't know who I'll manage in Football Manager (for a season anyway).

With Van Gaal & Luis Enrique's appointments, the current Man U, Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern Munich managers all worked together at Barca between 1997-2000.

Other notable ex-members of that group include Frank be Boer (Ajax coach), Philipe Cocu (PSV coach) and Oscar Garcia (newly-former Brighton manager).

Naturally, this means the grand total of fuck-all but it's a nice fact to bust out down the pub.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/20/yaya-toure-leaving-manchester-city-agent

This kind of stuff is getting worse. Agents fabricating things to push for moves. These players are contracted to play for a club and have no right to do this in public.

He's got a point though, that's the same reason I left Rllmuk FC.

Doesn't Yaya pull this shit every year? Milner was at it yesterday too.

I knows he's just had a fantastic season, but he's 31 years old and already on huge money. I can't see City bending over backwards for him when he's probably already peaked.

Do you think there is some kind of club rule / contract clause that prohibits agents directly touting their player's services or asking for an improved contract in the media? And so they have to make up ridiculous stories that have the same effect i.e flushing out potential suitors or pressuring the club to offer a new deal.

I wonder if the clients themselves are bothered by this sort of embarrassing shit from the agents. Probably not but it'd be nice to see something like this:

YT: Dmitri, I just read the birthday stuff in the paper. What's going on?

DS: Yaya my friend, I'm just doing my job, what can I say? They disrespect you!

YT: They did get me a cake. Lemon drizzle, looked a bit wonky but it was well nice.

DS: A cake! You deserve a Bugatti!

YT: That's as may be, but you're making me look like a complete tit.

DS: But I can get you a better contract even though you signed one only last year! Minus my 15%, naturally.

YT: Seriously, do it again and you can sod off, I'll get another agent.

DS: But Yaya, you cannot do this, we have a contract!

At which point Toure hands him his ironing.

@Toure_yaya42: Everything dimitry said is true . He speaks for me . I will give an interview after world cup to explain

:mellow:

In other words his agent has tipped him off Bacelona/Real Madrid/Bayern Munich etc have made enquiries about signing him. Now I'll blame the club I'm at for upsetting me so I can secure a move to another club.

The best bit about it is that, apparently, it's perfectly natural to leave job if they don't shake your hand on your birthday. Of course it is. If that were true, would anybody be in any job for more than a year?

The thing is, it diminishes anything else he says which he may have a point about (such as he would have had more recognition if he came from Europe, rather than Africa). This, though, just smacks of being a sulky teenager.

my favorite part is the whole, "they gave me a cake, but Roberto Carlos got a Bugatti off his owners" whine.

we're through the looking glass here, people. we knew footballers were over-privileged childish idiots, but could any of us have predicted that one would kick up a huge stink because he didn't get a big enough birthday present? it's worth remembering that this was Yaya's 31st birthday, not his sixth. "pathetic" does not even begin to cover it.

I see Drogba donated a million to the relief fun for the Soma Tragedy.

Top Drog.

Drogba does loads for the greater good doesn't he. Doesn't a portion of his wage to into his home town or something like that.

Drogba does loads for the greater good doesn't he. Doesn't a portion of his wage to into his home town or something like that.

Yes because all the buildings fall over quite easily- bizaarely, despite this, no one's ever injured.

Failing to see the people that thought he was. People are discussing how embarrassing this absurd gambit is, not seriously wondering what kind of birthday cake he wanted from the club.