rllmuk
rubberducker

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

I can’t remember what quota of the stars required to unlock it are green, sorry. How do they even work again? Do 3 green stars add up to one gold star or something? It’s been too long.

On 31/05/2019 at 22:44, Barnard said:

Loved it. That save file with nearly 4000 deaths taught my kids how to play real videogames. :wub:

1559338942318754081029513457392.jpg

Those stamps.

Nice.

Got to the last level and then decided to sell the Wii U. Formatted it and then remembered no cloud saves.  Ooooops.   Then I decided to keep the Wii U ofter all.  Have been slowly making my way through it again with the kids all year. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Got to the last level and then decided to sell the Wii U. Formatted it and then remembered no cloud saves.  Ooooops.   Then I decided to keep the Wii U ofter all.  Have been slowly making my way through it again with the kids all year. 

Know how you feel. I only keep my Wii U for SM3DW and Wind Waker HD. (And I guess because the console has negligible resale value these days.)

4 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Know how you feel. I only keep my Wii U for SM3DW and Wind Waker HD. (And I guess because the console has negligible resale value these days.)

I get a fair bit of pleasure finding WiiU games on ebay or in supermarket clearances.  They look really nice on the games shelf and I get a sense of gratification of finding a "bargain"      :)

• Upvote 1

Me and my son have tried Champion’s Road so many times. Neither of us can get past the alternating blue/pink blocks bit. 

• Upvote 1

Considering all the other WiiU Ports this one coming over would seem to be an inevitability, & unlike Tropical Freeze or Captain Toad where I waited for a sale, this is one I wouldn't mind getting right away for full price.

I’m really surprised they haven’t announced this for switch. It seems like such an obvious one and it would get the audience it deserves. 

Isn't there a Nintendo Direct happening sometime this month?

I doubt they could make it a shadowdrop what with all the other WiiU Ports having had cart releases too, but still, it's nice to think about playing Mario for Xmas... mmmm. ^_^

If they do port it, then every Wii U game I own will be available on Switch in some form and my Wii U purchase will retroactively become a complete waste of money and I don’t want that to happen thanks. 

• Empathy 2

I also adored this game but was surprised that my feelings towards Odyssey were something along the lines of "it's good I guess". I loved the focus of the courses in 3d world, odyssey went in the opposite direction with the sprawling stages. 3d World was like a 3d version of Mario 3 and Odyssey felt like an updated Mario 64 with bigger stages. I prefer the former.

This was clearly the best game on wii u and it wouldnt surprise me if they hold the inevitable port back to shift a different piece of hardware in a few years instead of releasing it on switch.

I think you’ll find that the best game on the wiiu was breath of the wild... ;)

but you might be right... maybe keeping the port of this for another switch hardware cycle 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PeteBrant said:

3D World was good. But 3D land was much better.

3D Land was better?

No way! I found that game a little too basic (easy and short) and once you completed the game the first time i didn't feel like it had enough content to keep you interested in 100% the game.

HOWEVER... the 3D worked amazing in it. 3D World kinda lacked this (was is it even called 3d world?) and sometimes it was quite easy to fall off platforms because you couldn't judge them as well as playing them in 3d. 

The touchscreen stuff was a bit nafff though.

6 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

3D World was good. But 3D land was much better.

Oh, absolutely. More challenging than 3D World too; the latter half of the game if where it really stepped up with amazing remixes of earlier stages. It's a shame the Chase and tightly timed stages of 3D Land didn't make it into 3D World but I guess they'd have been a little cluttered and frustrating with four players.

Maybe a Switch version could bundle both games together? Haha.

On 01/06/2019 at 04:44, Barnard said:

Loved it. That save file with nearly 4000 deaths taught my kids how to play real videogames. :wub:

1559338942318754081029513457392.jpg

My youngest daughter deleted File 1 with 4950 deaths just five days ago.

And now this appears...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-30-sources-nintendo-switch-2020-line-up-dominated-by-mario-games-old-and-new

It was a sign from the Nintendo gods. 

It reminds me of the time I said a HD remake of Wind Waker would be a great way to celebrate its 10th anniversary and it actually happened. :omg:

• Upvote 5

Nintendo is pursuing something like a Super Mario All-Stars 2 for the 3D Mario games. This would include Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and then Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. 

GIVE IT TO ME NOW

• Upvote 4