rllmuk
rubberducker

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

The one with champion road on it. That's the final one right?

I tried all three of the stages, probably going to take me a little while to finish those.

I just re-bought this game, after parting with my earlier copy a while back. Never re-bought a game before. It's that good.

The kids are playing this right now... it's a brilliant game. The kids can jump around the easier levels, play as cats and have loads of fun... and dad can tear out what little hair he has left with some of the later levels.

• Upvote 1

Tearing your hair out with the invincibility suit on? Blimey Scott.

This is the first game where I've noticed I interchange between the d-pad and analogue stick automatically, especially when I need to run straight or not drift whilst jumping in the air.

Weird.

What do you have to do, or not do, to get the special stars? Is it worth playing through and then starting again to be a total completist? :)

Playing this now, that cat suit! :) :) this game is full of smiles! :)

• Upvote 1

No wonder Nintendo only got a mario game out every 5 years or so in the earlier days.

I'd love to see a Zelda chart.

• Upvote 1

What do you have to do, or not do, to get the special stars? Is it worth playing through and then starting again to be a total completist? :)

Playing this now, that cat suit! :) :) this game is full of smiles! :)

The last star is not worth it. Doing the other four is amazing.

My daughter just opened up champions road, I helped a little but mainly with this....

zlCfzTBvlyUy8bBP6d.jpeg

She has utterly smashed this game and has so many more stars/stamps/flags than I have that I may have to pass the crown to her :o

• Upvote 5

Has there ever been a Mario level more irritatingly unfair feeling than this one

It's just infuriating

Surely you mean challenging and satisfying to complete? I thought so. Nailing an accurate shot is aces. If anything, criticism over difficulty should be directed at all the easy peasy levels in the first half of the game.

Although, unlike 3D Land, that level of difficulty makes sense in 3D World because of the multiplayer component. The lack of super duper challenge feels appropriate when playing those in the company of others. Then later levels like Cosmic Cannon Cluster deliver more hardcore action to enjoy on your own. That's how I played through the game anyway.

Has there ever been a Mario level more irritatingly unfair feeling than this one

It's just infuriating

It's piss easy with a cat bell.

And infuriating is Super Mario Sunshine.

It's just infuriating

My little one can do this level better than I can - she has the full completion set and I don't :(

Is it possible to change the control set up on this game? I want "run" to be on B and jump on A but can't seem to find this setting. Loving the game so far though.

So me and my housemates started this last night.

I got called a cunt head. By someone I've known for ten years. 

Multiplayer Mario is still the funniest thing ever, even more so in 3D. Are we legitimately going to be able to get through it with 3 of us? Or does it get too difficult by the end?

Also are there 100,000 more fly the dinosaur down the water levels? Because that was such stupid fun I'd be gutted if I'd seen all of it by the end of the first world. 

• Upvote 2

If anything multiplayer might make it easier. Also there are a few of the Dino water sections. 

I have pretty much done everything except champion Road and the toad house next to it. I must get my copy back of my mate..

• Upvote 1

I found multiplayer made it a bit more difficult in the later worlds. We went through the majority of the game with two players but for some of the post-game worlds I played solo. It didn't stop being incredibly fun, though.

• Upvote 1

loved Champion's Road. It was a good challenge without being absurdly difficult and has some nice shortcuts for people who want to better their times. Plus it has that Gusty Garden Galaxy music from Mario Galaxy, which is prefect.

• Upvote 1