rllmuk
rubberducker

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

The game has officially beaten me. I've completed all the levels with every character but I cannot do Champion's Road, at all. I've wasted several hundred lives on it and I still can't get more than halfway through. :(

Use a Tanooki suit and probably Luigi.

I definitely decided to give up after about 30 deaths and then a public humiliation caused me to retry and I did it within about an hour. But also I am great at games so ymmv.

Use a Tanooki suit and probably Luigi.

I definitely decided to give up after about 30 deaths and then a public humiliation caused me to retry and I did it within about an hour. But also I am great at games so ymmv.

I've tried every possible combination and watched YouTube walkthroughs and I still suck. But also I am shit at games these days.

You can jump right up to to the second of those double disappearing blocks as Luigi. First time I played through it I stored a tanooki suit to use at the start of the boost-pad section to avoid the blasts and take an extra hit of damage but you can also avoid those using the ground pound.

The ground pound is also useful on those disappearing blocks if you mistime a leap; it'll keep you in the air for a vital split-second.

The soundtracks always amuse because it's not like you can listen to them on your Wii U!

Just ordered my copy together with some snazzy (urgh that sounds so 80's) playing cards.

Christ almighty, I've been able to spend points on something since getting an amazing Wii carry bag off there years ago. About time! Got the cards :)

Looking at new and pre-owned prices for Super Mario 3D World, it seems to sell at a "premium". S$75 locally in stores (around GBP37).

I presume it's worth paying the "Mario Tax"?

I reckon it could be. I think Nap said his family have over 200 hours spent on it which is madness.

I'm at around the 40 hour mark.

It's £34 on Play.com.

I've almost unlocked the final World. It's amazing fun but rock hard in places. We've played four player multiplayer and that's ridiculously confusing but hilarious - my five year old is utterly rubbish.

It's superb, magical and just hours and hours of fun. I probably enjoyed Mario Galaxy a little more than this but it's still a 10/10 game. It's joyous throughout.

The pointer and wii-mote shake controls in Mario Galaxy are absolutely fine and dandy. You might as well play them both, seeing as they're both so excellent and impossibly charming.

Ok. Will pick them up at some point. My gf had a wii and has a controller but I don't think it's a plus one, does that matter?

Whereabouts?

Sorry, it was NSMBU. At Game, although other retailers presumably pricematched.

Which was the better out of galaxy and galaxy 2? Thinking of picking them up.

Start with the first. The second is more of a level pack IMO. It's not inferior, just best appreciated after you've played the first.

How are the controls? I was always put off by that cursor waggle business.

Waggle is minimal. Didn't bother me (some dislike it) but it's not massive part of the game either way.

Is it nunchuck and remote thing? Never got on with that but haven't given it much of a go so might be okay.

Finally got to the final world on this over the weekend. Uh yeah the final levels are pretty tricky..