Mario Kart 8

havent played this in ages.

but is it weird that i'm more excited about coloured yoshis than all the other new characters?

although isabelle in the blue falcon might be cool.

Coloured yoshis and shy guys are great. It's just a shame that lighter characters are at a big disadvantage when racing the heavier ones. I'm back to Metal Mario online after some yoshi fun. Link's the one I'm looking forward to most. He'll most likely be slotting in alongside Waluigi, Rosalina and DK in the cruiserweight category, which will be perfect. Given that it's Skyward Sword Link, can we make an assumption that we'll get a Zelda course or courses from that game? A Cloudtop Cruise type level around Skyloft with a tune featuring Ballad of the Godess and the Zelda main theme is going to happen isn't it? It would be bloody brilliant, it has to happen. A course set in Faron woods, antigravitying up the middle of the great tree would work well too.

Still playing this loads. Not seen anyone on my friends list playing for a while, but I've been enjoying the regional races even more now that the VR functions similarly to how it did in Mario Kart Wii. Races now have that extra competitive edge I was missing. The onscreen map makes a huge difference too.

How do I get involved in these races, do you all have to add me?

If so, please do. My ID is grindingtofu

Thanks

The best way to play with mukkers, enter the following code to join the RLLMUK tournament - 2390 2960 8055 - then keep an eye on this thread.

A quick shout out in the evening or weekend normally results in few people joining.

The lobby is basically dead at the moment. I'm sure is will be rammed in there once the DLC comes, but in the meantime your best option is to join friends in global or regional races if you happen to spot them racing.

I'm sure you popped up in one of my races didn't you Harmunt? It was slightly confusing because there was also some guy called Hammunt in the room at one time. Dismembo definitely joined me a bit later for some fun, as he so often does.

Played a few Global matches last night an was consistently in the top three. Pushed my rating to over 1500 and have over 1800 coins - is it 2000 for the

gold part?

I should just play this more, really, as the off TV play is brilliant and let's the wife watch whatever she wants.

I am psyched for the DLC as the extra characters and track options just seem to be taunting me now. I'm also interested to see how the amiibo integration works across this and Smash Bros., etc.

The lobby is basically dead at the moment. I'm sure is will be rammed in there once the DLC comes, but in the meantime your best option is to join friends in global or regional races if you happen to spot them racing.

I'm sure you popped up in one of my races didn't you Harmunt? It was slightly confusing because there was also some guy called Hammunt in the room at one time. Dismembo definitely joined me a bit later for some fun, as he so often does.

Yeah I did. It was the only way I could join a fellow 'mukker! Need to populate my friends list a bit more...

They were some tough races for me, last night. I was mostly getting utterly battered. Still fun though and always good to see a familiar face.

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo UK run weekly competitions on a theme to show good replays. Last week was looking at the Mercedes cars: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbCOGQCF6GO2_vKL0kxoiv7UGkJHpHc8e

This week is to have races full of different colour Yoshis. Anyone fancy meeting up tonight in the tournament room with a Yoshi for some races?

Also: B DASHER! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-25-mario-kart-8-to-receive-the-iconic-b-dasher-in-dlc

• Upvote 1

The best way to play with mukkers, enter the following code to join the RLLMUK tournament - 2390 2960 8055 - then keep an eye on this thread.

A quick shout out in the evening or weekend normally results in few people joining.

In this lobby now

Well only done 1 GP but this is SPECTACULAR. I can't believe Nintendo made something so pretty.

Bit confused by all the options etc - but amazing package is obvious from 20min play

And Nintendo do DLC...must pre-order that :D

• 3 weeks later...